Slip sheet question

rbosworth

I'm running a job that includes membership statements -- I can get the overflow page to work correctly (some members need 2-3 pages, but most only need 1) but what I'd like to be able to do and what I'm struggling to figure out is how to have our machine insert a slip sheet ONLY when a member uses more than 1 sheet of paper. This will make it much easier for us to stuff.

So... Member 1 would use 1 page.

Member 2 rolls over onto a second sheet (with a blank back) and I'd like to insert a slip sheet after Member 2.

Member 3 is back to a single page.

Is this possible to do? I believe I'm using FusionPro 6.

• 3 weeks later...
How does the data come-in for the statements?

The data input is actually pretty complicated. I'm sort of amazed that I ever figured out how to do it.

I wrote a script that pulls the basic member information from a CSV file. The script then steps through 2 additional csv files that contain purchase history and transactional information based on a member ID. It's complicated (and slow) but it works.

We processed 50,000+ of these statements this year (takes a long time to output when FusionPro (and my slow script) can only output 25-30 records/minute.) We ended up having to do it without slipsheets. I just couldn't figure out how to make it work correctly but would be curious if I can figure this out for the future.

I'm not a java guru but I'm thinking of something that would "trigger" the slip-sheets based on a column input header from one of your .csv files.

OnRecordStart for PageUses in FusionPro that would put a "blank Page" or your overflow page for certain data input "may" work?

I'm not a java guru but I'm thinking of something that would "trigger" the slip-sheets based on a column input header from one of your .csv files.

OnRecordStart for PageUses in FusionPro that would put a "blank Page" or your overflow page for certain data input "may" work?

The problem would be that in order to calculate a field in the csv file that would indicate how many transactions they have had (or even just a boolean value indicating whether it will overflow or not) I would need to run some kind of external script that would either query the SQL database or step through the transactional records and count them. The first is outside my expertise... and the second I'm not sure what kind of environment that I'd be able to script that in. Possible? Probably.... easy to implement? Not from what I can see.

I'm sure there's a way that I could better control how many overflow pages FusionPro adds (and what source to pull the media from) using it's internal tools.... I just need to keep playing around with it (and figure out how to output to something besides a PDF as well.)

Archived