Multiple Copies Based on Value in Data

Tom Dietrich

Tom,

On the old Forum, there was an area for Sample Jobs (there is here as well, but no samples in it yet). You would have found a sample job called BizCardRepeat which demonstrates the ability to create a temporary data file which repeats according to a value in your original data file.

I'll attach a copy of the zip file I downloaded from the old forum a while back. Hope it helps you.

Good Luck ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Tom,

On the old Forum, there was an area for Sample Jobs (there is here as well, but no samples in it yet). You would have found a sample job called BizCardRepeat which demonstrates the ability to create a temporary data file which repeats according to a value in your original data file.

I'll attach a copy of the zip file I downloaded from the old forum a while back. Hope it helps you.

Good Luck ;)

We were trying to accomplish the same and also used this example. Fusion Pro would create the expanded data file, but we could never get it to use the new data file once it was expanded. We are using Mail Manager to duplicate the spreadsheet based on the qty field.

We were trying to accomplish the same and also used this example. Fusion Pro would create the expanded data file, but we could never get it to use the new data file once it was expanded. We are using Mail Manager to duplicate the spreadsheet based on the qty field.

Been there, done that... As a matter of fact, the responder to your question, David Sweet, was instrumental in getting my thick head to understand the logic. It's a bit weird to say the least in a Mac environment and damn near impossible in a Mac and Client-Server world.

What I've been doing is when the data is generated, stop, remove the rule (wish I could comment it out) and then load the newly generated data..

I've found that many times, if I let it continue on without doing this step, it will begin to multiply many times and instead of 100 records, the next time I touch it it will generate 1,000 records, and so on.. As if a counter is not being refreshed..

Mark

Hi all,

We are aware that we have a number of customers would like to see a better solution for this "repeat a record" capability that doesn't involve the use of this custom JavaScript logic.

I'm please to say that we are going to be adding this capability in the next major release of the FusionPro VDP Suite - v6.0! We haven't announced details to our customers about the VDP 6.0 release yet so stay tuned to the forums. We're hoping to announce more info soon...

Thanks all.

Hi all,

We are aware that we have a number of customers would like to see a better solution for this "repeat a record" capability that doesn't involve the use of this custom JavaScript logic.

I'm please to say that we are going to be adding this capability in the next major release of the FusionPro VDP Suite - v6.0! We haven't announced details to our customers about the VDP 6.0 release yet so stay tuned to the forums. We're hoping to announce more info soon...

Thanks all.

[rant]My wallet knew this was coming after the months of waiting for the 5.8 MAC version that evidently is not forthcoming..[/rant]

"I've got three old unused 3.2 licenses I'll trade you for one 6.0".... :-)

Mark,

While FusionPro 6.0 is just around the corner, I can confirm that we are definitely going to release 5.8 for Mac still. The Unicode enhancements in 5.8 required that we switch out a number of core components in the composition engine and has thus uncovered a number of issues on the Mac discovered in QA testing. This required some additional work on our part to ensure the software is of high enough quality to release to market.

The team had a new release candidate of 5.8 Mac QA testing this week so we're hoping to release it soon!

Archived