Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > The JavaScript Library > Formatting Text

Notices

Old December 10th, 2015, 10:48 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Default Re: Switching Fonts in a template

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel View Post
I'm not sure how FusionPro works.
Understood. But at the same time, I'm not sure exactly how your computer is set up, nor how your fonts have been installed. That's why these kinds of problems are very difficult to diagnose in the context of this online forum.

I mean, you haven't even specified the versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and the operating system running on any of the computers you've mentioned in this thread. Nor have you said whether you're using any third-party font utilities. I'm trying to help with very limited information, looking through a keyhole.
Quote:
All i know is that when I go on a different computer that doesn't have "Font A" and I choose to load all fonts from FusionPro "Font A" appears in the PTI folder.
Which PTI folder specifically are you referring to? Do you mean "/Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro/Fonts"? What about the fonts.ini and fonts.err files? Are there references to "Font A" in there?

Also, by what mechanism are you determining that this other computer doesn't have "Font A" installed? Are you looking in the Font Book app? That's the definitive list of fonts installed on your Mac.

It could be that the "Font A" that you see in FusionPro has a slightly different name in the Font Book, or in other applications. It may show up as "Font A Regular" or "Font-A". Any given font can have multiple names.
Quote:
So I assume it's pulling the font from a server.
I don't understand why you would assume that. FusionPro loads the fonts installed on the system, by making system API calls. It has no way to "pull a font from a server." Now, if you're using some kind of third-party font utility, that utility may be making a font available on your system. But FusionPro still just goes by what the operating system tells it are the installed system fonts.

When you collect a job, the fonts are collected through Assets.dat, so that they can be used to compose the job on a remote machine running FusionPro Server. But whatever is on some other remote machine has nothing to do with the fonts that get loaded into your FusionPro fonts.ini file.
Quote:
I think the fonts on that server are corrupt, so I want to know how to delete everything on there so I can start fresh.
I still don't know what "that server" is. So I don't know how to "delete everything on there." But I don't think that is meaningful.
Quote:
The reason why the assets.dat is different is because one is from my computer (27mb) and the other is from a PTI developer's computer. I can't figure out why my computer's assets.dat doesn't work.
Well, again, I'm just looking at files uploaded to the Marcom servers, and there's no way to know from looking at them what computer they came from, at least not for the Assets.dat files. This is not the best way to analyze a problem like this.
Quote:
I need to figure out a fix on my computer though because as I develop more templates or tweak the ones developed by PTI I will recollect the job and upload it.
In order to really figure this out correctly, you need to work with Support. You may need to send more files, including the fonts.ini and fonts.err files, the original font files themselves (OTF, TTF, etc.), and the fonts created in FusionPro's fonts folder. But this public forum is not the appropriate place to post such files, especially fonts which are not licensed to for public distribution.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old December 10th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Regular Contributor

I thought because there's a program called FusionPro Server that it's uploading the fonts to a server. Also, my PC doesn't have "Font A" so why is "Font A" appearing when I load all fonts? It must be getting it from somewhere other than itself? I just want to reset everything so maybe any corrupt fonts can be removed.
Old December 10th, 2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I thought because there's a program called FusionPro Server that it's uploading the fonts to a server. Also, my PC doesn't have "Font A" so why is "Font A" appearing when I load all fonts? It must be getting it from somewhere other than itself? I just want to reset everything so maybe any corrupt fonts can be removed.
I don't have any more answers without any more information. You could at least try to answer some of my clarification-seeking questions.

But the bottom line is that I can't figure out why that font is appearing just by back-and-forth here in this forum. You need to work with Support.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Regular Contributor

I've tried support, not really getting any solutions. They keep telling me to reinstall things.

The basic problem is in FusionPro it looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi27rx7225...%20AM.png?dl=0

And in Marcom when it's uploaded it looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iac14av4ru...%20AM.png?dl=0

I think it's a font collecting issue. Latin characters are not tracked out. Also any other big CJK fonts I install on my computer won't be loaded to FusionPro. Not sure if the issue is related.
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I've tried support, not really getting any solutions. They keep telling me to reinstall things.
Ask Support to forward your issue to me. I can't work with you off-list just from the forum, but I can work with you if the issue is escalated through Support channels. You will eventually have to answer some of my specific clarifying questions about versions, what paths you're looking at, what font utilities you may be using, etc.
Quote:
The basic problem is in FusionPro it looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi27rx7225...%20AM.png?dl=0

And in Marcom when it's uploaded it looks like this:
Those both give me 404 errors. But I already understand the basic problem, from the picture in your original post. The thing is that I can't figure out what's going wrong without more information. Again, I've asked you a lot of questions in this thread, and you have been either unwilling or unable to answer most of them.
Quote:
I think it's a font collecting issue. Latin characters are not tracked out.
Yes, it is probably a font collecting issue. Although I'm still not convinced that the files being used for the Marcom composition are all from the same collect.
Quote:
Also any other big CJK fonts I install on my computer won't be loaded to FusionPro. Not sure if the issue is related.
Do you have "Enable Asian Character Support" checked on the Advanced Settings dialog?
LinkedIn

Last edited by Dan Korn; December 10th, 2015 at 01:36 PM..
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Regular Contributor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi27rx7225...%20AM.png?dl=0

Old December 10th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Regular Contributor

Sorry, the reason I didn't answer your questions is because I don't really understand most of your questions. Here's what I can figure, I don't have a programming background:

Version: FusionPro VDP Creator 9.3.26
Paths: ? /Library/Fonts
Font Utilities: None? Fontbook on Mac?
Old December 10th, 2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry, the reason I didn't answer your questions is because I don't really understand most of your questions. Here's what I can figure, I don't have a programming background:

Version: FusionPro VDP Creator 9.3.26
Paths: ? /Library/Fonts
Font Utilities: None? Fontbook on Mac?
I really don't see how having a programming background affects your ability to answer questions such as what version of Mac OS X and Acrobat you're running, nor questions such as these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korn View Post
Also, by what mechanism are you determining that this other computer doesn't have "Font A" installed? Are you looking in the Font Book app?
I mean, you're telling me that you "go on a different computer that doesn't have 'Font A'," and I'm asking you, how exactly are you determining whether that other computer has "Font A" on it, and you say you can't answer because you don't have a programming background? You can't tell me what it is that you were looking at on your computer screen that has a list of fonts without "Font A" on there because you don't write code?

I really am trying to help you out here, but you need to try to meet me halfway. If you don't understand my questions, then say so, or ask me another question, and we'll work it out. If you just ignore my questions, then we're never going to get anywhere.
LinkedIn

Old December 10th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Regular Contributor

Yeah I don't understand your questions. What question do you need answered? I'm using two computers, a Windows computer and a Mac.
Old December 10th, 2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Yeah I don't understand your questions. What question do you need answered?
Well, for starters, I've asked you this question three times now: When you say that "go on a different computer that doesn't have 'Font A'," and I'm asking you, how exactly are you determining whether that other computer has "Font A" on it? Are you looking at the Mac Font Book program? Or the Windows Fonts Control Panel? Or something else?
Quote:
I'm using two computers, a Windows computer and a Mac.
Also, this is the first time in this entire thread that you have said that your other computer was a Windows machine. Did you think that I would just figure that out via ESP or something?

That fact that you are using two different operating systems on your two different machines is a very important clue here. It would be very easy to upload, say, the Assets.dat from your Windows machine along with the other template files from your Mac, or vice-versa, which would almost certainly cause the kind of problem you're seeing.

So how about this: Can you answer these specific questions?
  1. What is the version of FusionPro on the Mac computer?
  2. What is the version of Mac OS X on the Mac computer?
  3. What is the version of Acrobat on the Mac computer?
  4. What program/utility are you using to determine the list of installed fonts on the Mac computer?
  5. What is the version of FusionPro on the Windows computer?
  6. What is the version of Windows on the Windows computer?
  7. What is the version of Acrobat on the Windows computer?
  8. What program/utility are you using to determine the list of installed fonts on the Windows computer?
If you don't understand any of these questions, please ask for clarification.
LinkedIn