Barcode not scanning

rkury14

False alarm,

I final found the correct barcode font C39S that worked with the TicketMaster barcode scanner.

This could be good info for anyone else with that issue.

Just make sure you place an asterisk on the beginning and ending of each barcode number in the excel list.

Like this *243074887772*

False alarm,

I final found the correct barcode font C39S that worked with the TicketMaster barcode scanner. This could be good info for anyone else with that issue.

Just make sure you place an asterisk on the beginning and ending of each barcode number in the excel list.

Like this *243074887772*

Another option would be to use the built-in 3 of 9 Barcode Rule. No need to add any asterisks if you take this approach.

David,

Thank you. I tried that I will have to test it. But I can't get away from having the barcode numbers get truncated once the list is save as a .csv file. Even with changing the format to text. Then when I open the list, the numbers look like this 4.83E+11.

So I like putting the asterisk because it keeps the integrity of the numbers like this *483324620888*

In fact, I am having trouble with the human readable numbers because they get truncated, so I have to place a small dash - to keep them intact.

Any thoughts?

I believe you are using Excel.

I tried that I will have to test it. But I can't get away from having the barcode numbers get truncated once the list is save as a .csv file. Even with changing the format to text. Then when I open the list, the numbers look like this 4.83E+11.

Looks like your numbers are being turned into scientific notation by Excel. You are not locked into using a CSV file. Why not try saving the data as a Tab Delimited TXT file. You shouldn't need to alter the existing CSV. The fastest way might be to use Excel's text import wizard. In the data tab under Get External Data click From Text and select your CSV file. The wizard that appears will let you tell Excel the data type of each "column" and you can tell it to use TEXT for your barcode.

Alternatively, change the file extension to TXT and open the data file. Set the delimiter to comma and change the column data format to text. (I usually set all columns to text. Then save the file as a tab delimited TXT file.)

So I like putting the asterisk because it keeps the integrity of the numbers like this *483324620888* In fact, I am having trouble with the human readable numbers because they get truncated, so I have to place a small dash - to keep them intact. Any thoughts?

If you really want to take this approach, why not use a JavaScript Rule? But you will need to apply the font formatting as you already appear to be doing.

return '\*' + Field("[color="Red"]MyBarcode[/color]") + '\*';

Edited by David Miller