Need help in creating rule for choosing color images

MikeVM

This is a problem.

I have to create a template where customer select its name from drop-down menu and thus put his logo on the color background. All logos come from the library. Amount of logos - about 50 and each of it can be printed in at least three different colors by customer choice.

Is there other ways than creating simple if... then rules for 150 of them?

-- Let's say - analyzing actual logo name (in format

Name_color.eps) So when client picks his logo AND select certain color -- then correct logo placed in the frame.

-- another way I was thinking of - applying color attribute to logo (similar to color text) - I can make these logo bitmap b/w for these...

Not sure if this is possible.

any help would be appreciated

Mike,

The method you mentioned is exactly how this can be done. Using a create resource rule:

return CreateResourceEx(Field("Logo")+Field("LogoColor") + '.eps', "graphic",1);

This will require that all 150 of your Logos be named very specifically to match the resource by name to that which is created by the rule.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

is it possible to modify create resource rule

return CreateResourceEx(Field("Logo")+Field("LogoColor") + '.eps', "graphic",1);

[code]

so it would create images either .eps or .pdf - we have mixed files we choose from...

TIA

is it possible to modify create resource rule

so it would create images either .eps or .pdf - we have mixed files we choose from...

var base = Field("Logo") + Field("LogoColor");
var res = CreateResource(base + ".eps", "graphic", true);
if (res.exists)
 return res;

res = CreateResource(base + ".pdf", "graphic", true);
if (res.exists)
 return res;

ReportError("Resource not found for " + base);

Archived