Output to multiple files is not working

rkury14

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is bug with the latest FusionPro 9.3.9 I just updated. My imposed pdf is not outputting to multiple files.

For example, I have an imposed job 4up on 13x19 with 7,600 records. I type in to output to multiple files every 1600. But it always comes out as one big pdf. It does seem to work using single pages without imposition, but not using my imposition.

In my imposition, I have the the Stack count set at 1600 also in the layout.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rayed

I have an imposed job 4up on 13x19 with 7,600 records. I type in to output to multiple files every 1600. But it always comes out as one big pdf. It does seem to work using single pages without imposition, but not using my imposition.

In my imposition, I have the the Stack count set at 1600 also in the layout.

The Stack count of 1600 means 1600 imposed sheets. So if you're imposing a single-page job 4-up, you need to set the stack count to 400 sheets to break after 1600 records.

Alternately, you can add this line to the OnJobStart rule:

FusionPro.Composition.chunksBreakStacks = true;

Which will cause "chunk" breaks (new output files) to also break imposed stacks, even if the stack count is smaller than what's specified in the Imposition settings. Without this, output file breaks are deferred until a new stack is started, by default.