FPImposer and Bleed

ANRO Printing

I've just started working with FPImposer (I did impostitions manually until now), and I'm looking for a way to get my files to impose correctly with bleed. Most of my files are going to finish at 8.5 x 11 and print on both sides.

To make things easier for myself (I had to download single pages and impose manually before), I set all of the files to be 8.75 x 11.25 so bleed was already built into the file. Now, I can't figure out how to get FPImposer to recognize that bleed is already built in. If I put the trim in as 8.5 x 11 with .125" bleed, I get imposed files at 8.5 x 11 without bleed. I also can't set the cropmarks to a negative number.

Is there anyway to do this?

I've just started working with FPImposer (I did impostitions manually until now), and I'm looking for a way to get my files to impose correctly with bleed. Most of my files are going to finish at 8.5 x 11 and print on both sides.

To make things easier for myself (I had to download single pages and impose manually before), I set all of the files to be 8.75 x 11.25 so bleed was already built into the file. Now, I can't figure out how to get FPImposer to recognize that bleed is already built in. If I put the trim in as 8.5 x 11 with .125" bleed, I get imposed files at 8.5 x 11 without bleed. I also can't set the cropmarks to a negative number.

Is there anyway to do this?

Your original FP export MUST contain a valid Trim Box.. That is, if the trim IS 8.5x11, you PDF should have a trimbox that is also.. You specify the bleed value you wish in the Fusion Pro Export PDF dialog..

IF you only receive a PDF to work with, you can either place that in InDesign with the proper trim size and re-export or change the trim box with pitstop..

HTH

IF you only receive a PDF to work with, you can either place that in InDesign with the proper trim size and re-export or change the trim box with pitstop

You don't need PitStop or any other tool to change the bounding boxes. You can do this in Acrobat Pro with the "Crop Pages" feature (under the "Document" menu in Acrobat 9).

If you do need to modify the Trim Box of the background PDF document, I recommend doing so before using it as a FusionPro template (i.e. before defining a data source and drawing variable frames), otherwise you'll have to reposition all of your existing variable frames.

Archived