Text Overlapping Table

geeool

Hi,

I have a bunch of recipe cards and I'm working on programming FusionPro to merge them into a layout. Each card has an ingredient list formatted as a table. I have that programmed and it works fine. My problem is that below the ingredient list is a list of tools required for producing the recipe. The tool list is in a two column format and it needs to move with the ingredient table so it is always the same distance below the table.

In my text frame I have my rule for my ingredient table, a rule for my tool list and I have set the text frame to have two columns. The problem is that when the tool list starts the second column, the text goes to the top of the frame and is overlapping the table. I have attached screen captures of what I'm trying to achieve and what I am achieving. Is there a way to do this? I've looked through the tag reference guide but I don't see any tags for creating a paragraph that has columns. I also don't see any documentation for feeding overflow content from one table cell into another one.

Any advice is appreciated.

(FusionPro Creator 10.0.16 on Windows 10)

IntendedResultCapture.JPG.da9003a2a939236ac5bd11191198dacd.JPG

TextOverlappingTableCapture.JPG.26d9fe28548fdf9724071a9ca0969414.JPG

Thanks for the reply. I looked at adding a second table, but if I have columns turned off that would mean I would need a two column table and any overflow text would need to flow from the first column to the second. How do you code that? Everything I've seen about overflow text talks about creating an overflow page.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at adding a second table, but if I have columns turned off that would mean I would need a two column table and any overflow text would need to flow from the first column to the second. How do you code that? Everything I've seen about overflow text talks about creating an overflow page.

Yes, that's the rub.

I can think of a couple of ways to solve this. One is to simply count up the number of items in the second table, and set them two per table row, with n / 2 total rows. Another is to just use a tab stop for the second part, instead of a table, and put tabs between each item.

I'm thinking I have the first option worked out. Determine the number of items. Create a two column table where the row count is half the item count (or half + 1 for an odd number of items). Then place the items in the table. That should work - thanks!