Multiple Pick Lists

I have a template with Multiple Logos and Multiple Pick Lists. Its set up now as Text field and am using the switch rule and the Parent Child configuration. (I only have 1 graphic box) Do I need to have multiple boxes in order to access separate pick lists? Or is there a rule that can accomplish this?

Thank You

My question is how do I switch from multiple pick lists? Here is an example

I have 2 Regions North and South within each region I have multiple logos designated in there perspective pick lists. When the template is uploaded. I can see both pick lists and for example I can select all the different logos from the North Region and it displays correctly. My question is how do I get the Logos in the South Region to display?

North Region South Region

Logo 1 Logo 4

Logo 2 Logo 5

Logo 3 Logo 6

I just went into the HTML form used 2 of my defined fields as pick lists. Added the names of the images in the drop down list. Then used the switch rule to call the logo. It works except I can only access one pick list at a time. I want to be able to select the Logos from either list and have them populate in the template.

Thank You

You're using the HTML Form Definition feature, right? It might be good to mention that up front.

Anyway, I'm still not sure I understand the question. Do you have multiple sets of parent and child fields defined?

This is all kind of hard to visualize abstractly. Posting the template would probably be the fastest way to get an answer.

Dan,

This is how I have it set up.

Logo 1 and Logo 2 are (Text) Pick Lists

Central Region and North Region are set up as children.

I have assigned Central Region as the child of Logo 2 and North Region is the child of Logo 1.

If I look at the form it contains 2 Pick Lists Logo 1 and Logo 2. In the drop down list for Logo 1 it lists all the Central Region Logo's. In the drop down list for Logo 2 it lists all the Logo's for North Region.

All that works great my question is, How do I switch from Logo 1's pick list to Logo 2's pick list and have the Logo's pertaining to each list show up in preview? It either picks one or the other lists. Is there are way to access both lists?

This is how I have it set up.

Logo 1 and Logo 2 are (Text) Pick Lists

Central Region and North Region are set up as children.

I have assigned Central Region as the child of Logo 2 and North Region is the child of Logo 1.

If I look at the form it contains 2 Pick Lists Logo 1 and Logo 2. In the drop down list for Logo 1 it lists all the Central Region Logo's. In the drop down list for Logo 2 it lists all the Logo's for North Region.

Okay, you have two pick lists. So when you pick from the Logo 1 drop down, that sets the value of its child field Central Region. And when you pick from the Logo 2 drop down, that sets the value of its child field North Region. Right?

Also, is this in DSF, or in some other web app?

All that works great my question is,

Okay, you're really asking three questions, and I still don't really understand any of them:

Question 1:

How do I switch from Logo 1's pick list to Logo 2's pick list

What do you mean by "switch from" one pick list to another? They're both independent Pick List fields. When you pick from the Logo 1 field, that will set the value of the Central Region field, and when you set the value of the North Region field, that will set the value of the North Region field. So all four of those field's values are set in every record.

Question 2:

and have the Logo's pertaining to each list show up in preview?

Again, what do you mean here? We're talking about four fields, and their values in the record. But that's just the input data for FusionPro. How you apply that data to variable elements (text and graphic frames) in the output is a matter of how your FusionPro template is set up.

So if you want two logos, from two data fields, to show up in your output, then you need to make two graphic frames, and assign each one to a field, or to a rule which accesses each field's value.

Question 3:

It either picks one or the other lists. Is there are way to access both lists?

Sorry, but I don't understand this question either. What do you mean "It either picks one or the other lists?" Aren't both of the parent pick list fields shown on the web form? Can't you pick from both? Or are you trying to make the form so that the user can select from only one of the two pick lists?

Again, this is still all very abstract. Attaching the template will make this conversation go a lot easier for both of us.

I cannot attach the template for security reasons. Both pick lists show up. We can select images from either. But it only displays images from one of the pick lists. I need to link them together so all images show up no matter what list they are picking from.

Is there a way to do that using the Parent Child configuration? Or do I need a rule

I cannot attach the template for security reasons.

Not even with mocked-up data? You can't pull out anything sensitive and strip down to a minimal template which demonstrates the problem you're trying to solve? I'm trying my best to help you, but it's hard to answer these questions completely abstractly.

Both pick lists show up. We can select images from either. But it only displays images from one of the pick lists.

You mean only one image shows up in the output? Again, if you only have one graphic frame, you're only going to get one graphic in the output. If you want more than one graphic to appear in your output, then you need multiple graphic frames.

I need to link them together so all images show up no matter what list they are picking from.

"All" images? There are two, right?

Is there a way to do that using the Parent Child configuration?

Again, the HTML Form Definition merely sets up the web data entry form, and when the user fills out that form, it merely generates a data file, which then gets used by the FusionPro composition. How that data gets processed to the output is about how you set up the FusionPro template.

Or do I need a rule

Well, yes, I think so. Presumably you already have a Graphic rule to output to your single Graphic frame. So you need another frame, and another rule to put a graphic into it.

Again, I'm trying my best here to guess at what you already have and how it can be modified, but it's hard without seeing the job files.

Dan

To me it's a simple question. I have 2 pick lists in one template that are pulling graphic images. It's only displaying images from one of the pick lists. How would I link them together? I can create a test template and send it. Or better yet are you able to set up a call?

Thank you

To me it's a simple question. I have 2 pick lists in one template that are pulling graphic images. It's only displaying images from one of the pick lists. How would I link them together?

Again, it may seem like a simple question, but I don't understand what you mean by "link them together."

If you want multiple graphics to appear in the output, you need multiple graphic frames. Do you have multiple graphic frames? What fields or rules are they calling out?

I can create a test template and send it.

That would be great.

Or better yet are you able to set up a call?

No, but you can always contact Support. Please see my signature.