"Execution limit exceeded" error in JavaScript rule

woody

I am trying to create a list using multiple records output in a single file. I am using the OnJobStart Callback and I continue to get the error message of: Execution limit exceeded.

What exactly does that mean?

Thanks.

I continue to get the error message of: Execution limit exceeded.

What exactly does that mean?

It means that you've programmed an infinite loop. A simple example of some code which will trigger this error is:

while (true) {}

Rather than just hanging up the program forever executing the same statement block over and over again, the JavaScript engine detects that you've executed it a certain number of times (the limit) and errors out when that limit is exceeded.

Without seeing the actual code, there's no way for me to know exactly where the error is occurring, although the error message should specify a line number in the rule.

I am trying to create a list using multiple records output in a single file. I am using the OnJobStart Callback and

If you're using FusionPro 6.0, you can accomplish repeated records much more simply and reliably using the new FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount property in OnRecordStart. See this post for an example:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=391

Archived