Sort output by number of pages per record

Hello:

I have to print multipage statements.

For some statements data will cover only 1 page and some will cover more than 1 page i.e. 2, 3, 4, 5 ....

I would like to compose:

• Separate pdf for all 1 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 2 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 3 page statements
  • and so on

OR

• compose a separate pdf for each statement, so that I can sort the file size and print the 1 pagers first, 2 pagers next, 3 pagers after that

This has a major impact on the post printing operations.

Please let me know about this. OR if you have any other solution for this requirement.

Regards.

Milind Vaze.

Hello:

Regarding my yesterday's quote:

After posting this query I saw Dan's reply to:

multiple open output streams

JorgeP

October 6th, 2014 07:44 PM

by JorgeP

From this reply it seems that through normal Fusion Pro usage, my requirement cannot be done.

I was trying to do this through a rule based on 'OnPageCount' but was getting errors. If this works I could output files for page count 1, then change the rule, and output files for page count 2 and so on. Will this be possible?

Regards

Milind.

Hello:

I have to print multipage statements.

For some statements data will cover only 1 page and some will cover more than 1 page i.e. 2, 3, 4, 5 ....

I would like to compose:

• Separate pdf for all 1 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 2 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 3 page statements
  • and so on

OR

• compose a separate pdf for each statement, so that I can sort the file size and print the 1 pagers first, 2 pagers next, 3 pagers after that

This has a major impact on the post printing operations.

Please let me know about this. OR if you have any other solution for this requirement.

Regards.

Milind Vaze.

After posting this query I saw Dan's reply to:

multiple open output streams

JorgeP

October 6th, 2014 07:44 PM

by JorgeP

From this reply it seems that through normal Fusion Pro usage, my requirement cannot be done.

Really? From my posts in that thread (not sure why you didn't just put the link to it in your post), I don't think the takeaway is that you can't do any of the things you list in your original post. I did note that you can indeed output each record to its own file, and even sort those separate files into different folders, among several other suggestions.

I was trying to do this through a rule based on 'OnPageCount' but was getting errors. If this works I could output files for page count 1, then change the rule, and output files for page count 2 and so on. Will this be possible?

No, that's not what the OnPageCount rule is for. It gets called when you use the $pagecount variable in a text frame, and the OnPageNumber rule gets called when you use the $pagenum variable, so that you can do custom page numbering.

Yes, again, I noted that this is possible in that other thread.

Hello Dan:

When I wrote 'through normal FusioPro usage my requirement cannot be done' I only meant - that the way I understood from that thread, I could not get my work done via any of the options available in composition settings for output OR was I missing out on any of the options available in the composition menu?

It was not my intention to comment on the capabilities of FusionPro. I don't know it well know enough to do that. Regrets if I have created any other impression.

Will try out some of the other options you have suggested.

Thanks.

Milind Vaze

Really? From my posts in that thread (not sure why you didn't just put the link to it in your post), I don't think the takeaway is that you can't do any of the things you list in your original post. I did note that you can indeed output each record to its own file, and even sort those separate files into different folders, among several other suggestions.

No, that's not what the OnPageCount rule is for. It gets called when you use the $pagecount variable in a text frame, and the OnPageNumber rule gets called when you use the $pagenum variable, so that you can do custom page numbering.

Yes, again, I noted that this is possible in that other thread.