Do you want customizable impo from FPimposer?

Ryan Graybeal

In reference to FusionPro Desktop...

Do you want customizable impositions from FPimposer? For what FPimposer is it works well, but how many of you want custom marks on your imposed sheet? How many of you want to make custom impositions without spending hours on manually laying it out in your PDF?

Printable, if you want to make more money build beefier imposition software and charge us for it.

What we want:

• custom marks - like fold marks and the ability to add graphics (i.e. control strips)

• ability to add multiple page sizes

• ability to rotate individual pages 90 degress- to fit more pieces on the sheet

Please...

Thanks,

Ryan

What I'd most like to see is the ability to print page 1 and page 2 of a 2 page job on the same side of the sheet. So instead of having the duplex layout be p1-p1 then p2-p2, it would be p1-p2 then p2-p1 or even just a simplex layout of p1-p2 would work.

I understand most Printable users use a digital workflow so it doesn't matter. For us, some longer run items we put on the press so the layout I describe would cut the number of plates in half.

Big Second for Brian's Request. Ryan, spot on, let's get this imposing enhanced and more usable.

I would also like to be able to use an imposition without the job taking twenty times longer and erroring out (no, doesn't happen on every job).

I completely second Ryan's request for different page sizes on one form as well. And Brian's suggestion to be able to impose a multiple page document on the same side of the sheet is something I desperately needed awhile back! It would have saved tons of manual work on this end.

May I also add a suggestion? I'd love to be able to create Dutch layouts as well - for example, running a 6 up imposition, 4 units imposed "normally" and 2 rotated 90 degrees. This would significantly reduce the amount of waste we sometimes need to run.

• 6 months later...

Being able to add custom control strips would be great. My new company is hesitant to purchase FusionPro due to this issue. So I will be stuck with SmartStream for another round of upgrades:(

Unless someone has a sneaky work around for adding the control strips.

Archived