Issue with Page Usage

lance

I am running in to an issue where composing with pages named under 7.0 causes Acrobat to crash.

I have a job with three versions (pages), so I name all pages and set them to unused. Then, using a callback rule, turn on the page I need. This works fine to preview, but as soon as I try to compose, Acrobat crashes. Once I reopen Acrobat and the document, I can't even open the Manage Pages dialog box without Acrobat crashing.

To eliminate the pdf file being the issue I created a new blank document, named three pages, created a new data file, and got the same results...crash on compose.

Coincidentally, I happened to have done a job just like this last week, before upgrading to 7.0, so I opened that job and tried composing it. That worked fine. However, I then changed the name of one of the pages, then changed it back. Hit recompose and it crashed.

I also took the document I am currently working with and imported all of the settings from the older job and it composed fine. I then renamed the pages and switched to the current data file and it crashes.

It seems that when the Page Usage dialog box records any new settings it creates a problem with the file that causes a crash on compose.

Any suggestions would be great.

It is not an issue with the data or the rule.

Making a change to a page name in the Page Usage dialog box causes a file (new file, or one that was working fine before) to start crashing Acrobat.

Simple test; take a pdf, select 'none' as your data source. You can compose the document fine. Name a page in the document in the Page Usage dialog box and recompose. It will crash.

It is not an issue with the data or the rule.

Making a change to a page name in the Page Usage dialog box causes a file (new file, or one that was working fine before) to start crashing Acrobat.

Simple test; take a pdf, select 'none' as your data source. You can compose the document fine. Name a page in the document in the Page Usage dialog box and recompose. It will crash.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and my apologies for the trouble. I can confirm that this is a bug in FusionPro 7.0P1c. I've entered Priority One case FP-11430 about this issue, which seems to affect Mac only.

We hope to have a fix out for this in the next few days. In the meantime, you can use FusionPro Desktop 6.1 or earlier on Mac, or the Windows version of FusionPro Desktop 7.0, to edit your PDF templates with named pages.

The only other workaround I know of at this time is to load a PPD file by clicking the "PPD Settings" button. (You don't need to define any PPD settings, just load a valid PPD file.)

Any updates on when this will be resolved? This issue is killing me right now and has been for the last few days.

We have a build in QA right now with a fix. Hopefully it will pass testing and be made available early next week.

Attached is a PPD file for Distiller which you can load as a workaround. Hopefully this can get you through until the release.

I apologize again for the trouble.

ADIST5.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Archived