InDesign Printable plugin

xoph

Let me start with: Mac OS 10.4 & 10.5, FusionPro 6.0P1e, Indesign CS3.

I am have having difficulty working with the FP plugin for InDesign.

Our facility has 25+ people working in InDesign. We only have 4 people working in FP to design and compose templates. After the files have been opened on a computer with the FP plugin for InDesign if anyone else (Art Directors) opens the InDesign files they get missing plug-in error.

This hasn't been too hard to work around, except... The Art Director's can not collect a job for output. It gives the error and then stops the collection process. This basically makes the in-house workflow completely stop.

We have tried to put the FP plugin in the InDesign application folder, (/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS3/Plug-Ins) but have not been able to get it to load in as a plug-in. We also tried inporting the plug-in in the plug-in menu, but the file was grayed out.

Since the Art Directors aren't the ones creating or designing the templates, I thought that this would be a great solution. As i have read in other posts, exporting the file as an InDesign Interchange file every time an Art Director needs to open and collect a file is not a good solution. Plus we would loose the selected boxes that we have identified as variable.

Is there another way for us to load the plug-in? Is it required to install the full FP to get it to install? We have a limited seat license, that solution would not be able to service everyone with the plug-in.

Does anyone have any idea's how we can get around this issue?

Let me start with: Mac OS 10.4 & 10.5, FusionPro 6.0P1e, Indesign CS3.

I am have having difficulty working with the FP plugin for InDesign.

Our facility has 25+ people working in InDesign. We only have 4 people working in FP to design and compose templates. After the files have been opened on a computer with the FP plugin for InDesign if anyone else (Art Directors) opens the InDesign files they get missing plug-in error.

This hasn't been too hard to work around, except... The Art Director's can not collect a job for output. It gives the error and then stops the collection process. This basically makes the in-house workflow completely stop.

We have tried to put the FP plugin in the InDesign application folder, (/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS3/Plug-Ins) but have not been able to get it to load in as a plug-in. We also tried inporting the plug-in in the plug-in menu, but the file was grayed out.

Since the Art Directors aren't the ones creating or designing the templates, I thought that this would be a great solution. As i have read in other posts, exporting the file as an InDesign Interchange file every time an Art Director needs to open and collect a file is not a good solution. Plus we would loose the selected boxes that we have identified as variable.

Is there another way for us to load the plug-in? Is it required to install the full FP to get it to install? We have a limited seat license, that solution would not be able to service everyone with the plug-in.

Does anyone have any idea's how we can get around this issue?

Exporting the InDesign file as an interchange document (INX) removes all plugin info.. have had to do this several times just to do a collect/package..

We have used the export to INX in a pinch, but I was hoping that would not be our only option. When we do this we loose all the association with FP variable boxes in InDesign.

Archived