Superscript and Stroke Issue

scotts

I have a customer that wants a black 4pt stroke on their white text for pricing on their products. I can get the stroke to work just fine through the 'Advance Text Options', or through the code <stroke>, but when I <superscript> the dollar sign and cents, the stroke becomes very thin. Is this just a limitation of FP, or is there another what of me doing this that I haven't thought of yet?

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac running 10.13.6 w/32G RAM, Acrobat X 10.1.10 (because I still like the interface, but also tried DC) and FusionPro 10.0.3 (because of integration with MDSF from EFI).

I am just testing "Option1" right now to get things correct. Once it is, I will make Option2 and Option3 match Option1.

switch (Field("Daily").toLowerCase())
{
   case "Option1".toLowerCase():
       return "<span>" + '<f name="Avenir Next Bold">' + '<z newsize="168.0">' + "<tracking newsize=-20>" + "<superscript>" + '<stroke color="Black" width="30000">' + "$" + "</stroke>" + "</superscript>" + "</tracking>" + '<stroke color="Black" width="300">' + "7" + "</stroke>" + "</f>" + "</span>";
   case "Option2".toLowerCase():
       return "<span>" + '<f name="Avenir Next Bold">' + '<z newsize="168.0">' + "<tracking newsize=-20>" + "<superscript>" + "$" + "</superscript>" + "</tracking>" + "7" + "</f>" + "</span>";
   case "Option3".toLowerCase():
       return "<span>" + '<f name="Avenir Next Bold">' + '<z newsize="168.0">' + "<tracking newsize=-20>" + "<superscript>" + "$" + "</superscript>" + "</tracking>" + "8" + "</f>" + "</span>";
   default:
       return "";
}

Advanced_Text_Effects.png.bb0e7cea4d49cf2ba3bc74fd97610a75.png

Price_Outline_Issue.png.44236f887b41c833a861d3134f6da646.png

There are a lot of factors that can go into this, including your Paragraph Global settings. So it's hard to diagnose this without the entire template.

That said, are you really trying to put down 168 point text with a four point stroke? I wouldn't expect to be able to see much of a stroke with a width that's just two percent of the text size.

Edited by Dan Korn

Dan, I'm just trying to match the design of what the customer has originally done. And when they did the stroke in Illustrator, it looks fine on both the '$' and the number. But when done in FP, the number looks good, but the $'s stroke looks almost non existent.

I have included the collection of the template, so you can see all aspects.

SnapSign.zip