Overflow Inquiry

Ryan_B

I am currently working on a brochure project that allows the user to include up to three headlines and three articles. The user can also add up to three addresses. The output is, and will always be only two pages. The headlines and articles start on the first page, and continue on to the second page if need be. The addresses are always on the second page.

My question is: How do I set up my second page to be the overflow page, yet still be used even if the user only uploads one headline and article that fit completely on page one?

What I've tried is setting my second page as type Overflow. On my first page, I have my text frame overflowing to that page. On my second page, I have my text frame set to "Overflow To". It works fine until the user decides to only include one headline and article.

How can I ensure that my second page will always be there?

I think what you want to do here is have two body pages since you always want two pages. And instead of setting the first text frame to "overflow" you can "connect" it to a text frame on the second body page using the chain icon. This will allow the text to flow (when needed) but will not add any additional pages if the copy does not fit (though you can apply copyfitting to the frame).

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older post, but I have this exact same question.

The headlines and articles start on the first page, and continue on to the second page if need be. The addresses are always on the second page.

I am using the chain and copyfitting. This works exactly as expected.

The only issue I have with this is the content on the second page should not be able to flow to the first page. But the first page should be able to flow to the second if the content fills up.

Basically, I am looking for a way to set a variable to only appear on page 2.

Is there a way to do this?

Should I be using Overflow instead?

Thanks!

Jason