Font size attributes from InDesign CS4 not carrying over to FP

DCurry

I have an issue where the font size of variable text does not carry over properly from InDesign CS4 to FP. It is set to 10pt in the document but FP says it is 12pt when I go to set up the variables.

Any insight appreciated!

I don't have that problem or the resolution, but I do repeatedly have a problem with font Attributes not carrying over correctly when a FP PDF is exported (using the FP plugin) from InDesign CS4. What commonly happens to me is, if the font is set to "Font - Bold" in INDD, in FP it shows as "Font - Medium", with a FP Bold attribute, in the FP PDF. Or some similar, odd behavior. Whenever I export a FP PDF out of INDD, I always have to go into each Variable Text box and change or verify the fonts and font attributes. (INDD 6.0.4, FP 6.2P1a)

rpaterick, I am in fact using the latest update to FP on Mac (see my signature). Apparently my signature was not visible for a day or so because I updated my email address and was awaiting verification so it wasn't showing up.

I don't have that problem or the resolution, but I do repeatedly have a problem with font Attributes not carrying over correctly when a FP PDF is exported (using the FP plugin) from InDesign CS4. What commonly happens to me is, if the font is set to "Font - Bold" in INDD, in FP it shows as "Font - Medium", with a FP Bold attribute, in the FP PDF. Or some similar, odd behavior. Whenever I export a FP PDF out of INDD, I always have to go into each Variable Text box and change or verify the fonts and font attributes. (INDD 6.0.4, FP 6.2P1a)

+1 (when a "simple" job becomes a holy nightmare)

I cannot post the actual ID file due to privacy and nondisclosure issues within my company, but I think you may have inadvertently pointed me in the right direction, Dan!

I figured I would make a dummy document and see if the same issue is recreated and then I would post that file instead. What I found was that the text in question is using the Basic Paragraph style in ID, but the style was modified to be 10 pts. Somehow this info isn't being read by FP so FP displays it as 12pts.

So, instead of modifying the Basic Paragraph style in ID, I simply formatted the text locally (not using any paragraph style at all) and it is read and displayed properly by FP.

I cannot post the actual ID file due to privacy and nondisclosure issues within my company, but I think you may have inadvertently pointed me in the right direction, Dan!

I figured I would make a dummy document and see if the same issue is recreated and then I would post that file instead. What I found was that the text in question is using the Basic Paragraph style in ID, but the style was modified to be 10 pts. Somehow this info isn't being read by FP so FP displays it as 12pts.

So, instead of modifying the Basic Paragraph style in ID, I simply formatted the text locally (not using any paragraph style at all) and it is read and displayed properly by FP.

Okay, thanks. You can still feel free to send over the dummy document that doesn't work correctly so that we can improve the accuracy of exporting even when named styles are in effect.

Thanks, Dan. I've attached the ID file. I spent about half-hour testing various things with it and it only seems to happen when the Basic Paragraph default style is altered.

(I'll be out of touch for a week so if I don't reply again til next Fri, that is why!)

FP_test_Folder.zip

Archived