Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > The JavaScript Library > Formatting Text

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Junior Community Member

Default Re: Hard Justify rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korn View Post
You can put a "soft return" at the end of the last line by holding down the shift key and hitting Enter.
Thank you Dan! This essentially worked but I am missing something on that last line - it is effecting the copy fit, and returns this error:
OnCopyfit, line 3: warning: Could not copyfit text in flow

It is talking about that last line (the email line) that does not force justify, which is fine. I have it set to adjust text on overflow (reduce only).
Acrobat X Pro, FP 7.2P1k
Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailUdell View Post
Thank you Dan! This essentially worked but I am missing something on that last line - it is effecting the copy fit, and returns this error:
OnCopyfit, line 3: warning: Could not copyfit text in flow

It is talking about that last line (the email line) that does not force justify, which is fine. I have it set to adjust text on overflow (reduce only).
You need to either do what I described in the rest of option 1 to prevent the extra "soft return" from taking up significant space, or try one of the other options I listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korn View Post
  1. You can put a "soft return" at the end of the last line by holding down the shift key and hitting Enter. This will force justification on the previous line. If you don't want the extra whitespace from the empty line, type a space, select it, and set its point size to 1. Note that this solution requires no JavaScript or tagging.
  2. You can use a tag such as <p br=false quad=JJ> (note the double "J") to force full justification on every line of the paragraph, including the last line. You can return this tag from a JavaScript rule and place the variable before the line of text.
  3. You can "fake out" a line with something left-justified and something else right-justified by putting a tag like <p leading=1 quad=R> between the two items.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
Junior Community Member

HI Dan - I did do that.. I think... did you mean to enter a return then type a space making that new "line" 1pt, which force justifies the line above (the email line). After testing, I prefer the last line to be left justified, but I am concerned about long emails, which is why I am trying to make it adjust smaller on overflow. But it won't do it - and as far as i can tell it is related to the copyfit error.
Acrobat X Pro, FP 7.2P1k
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
Junior Community Member

I got it with the 2nd solution. Thanks so much for your help Dan!
Acrobat X Pro, FP 7.2P1k
Old October 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Community Member

Could you show us how to create the rule to use this tag

<p br=false quad=J>

for a field my customer will be using the Rich Text Editor to populate?
It doesn’t work to prefill the Rich Text Editor with the tag.

For now, I have changed the field to a regular multi-line text box. It no longer has Rich Text Editor enabled. I sent my customer the tag to paste in before typing or pasting her own text. She can handle this.

However, before we get more people working in those templates, I need to create and apply a rule to fix it.

What would be GREAT is for the Rich Text Editor to include this type of paragraph justification, as well as the <p br=false quad=JJ> (note the double "J").

Thanks for all you do
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:43 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyceKeller View Post
Could you show us how to create the rule to use this tag

<p br=false quad=J>

for a field my customer will be using the Rich Text Editor to populate?
It doesn’t work to prefill the Rich Text Editor with the tag.

For now, I have changed the field to a regular multi-line text box. It no longer has Rich Text Editor enabled. I sent my customer the tag to paste in before typing or pasting her own text. She can handle this.

However, before we get more people working in those templates, I need to create and apply a rule to fix it.

What would be GREAT is for the Rich Text Editor to include this type of paragraph justification, as well as the <p br=false quad=JJ> (note the double "J").
Are you talking about MarcomCentral? If so, you need to post requests specific to that product in the MarcomCentral forum, as the folks who work on that don't normally monitor these other forums, and they know more about MarcomCentral than I do. Better yet, contact your CPM.

Anyway, I think that the general way you want to do this is to create a rule which prepends the tag before the field value, like so:
Code:
return '<p br=false quad=J>' + Field("Your Field Name");
This should work with your multi-line text box, without making the customer type the tag manually.

However, if you're using MarcomCentral's Rich Text Editor, then the field value already contains <p> tags with "quad" attributes, which take effect and basically undo what your initial tag is trying to do. The bottom line is that the Rich Text Editor in MarcomCentral can only do a limited subset of the tagging that the Variable Text Editor in FusionPro Desktop can do, so that limits what you can do with it. Again, though, this is something to take up on the MarcomCentral forum or with your CPM.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});