Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old October 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Forum n00b

Default HP Indigo and JLYT files

Hi there!

I'm running FP Desktop, and since we got an Indigo I noticed that I can output to the native format,JLYT. AFAIK, this means the file will not be processed by the RIP, but simply output directly. Of course I just tried to do such a file, but that was no good....! So now I'm asking, how do I compose a file that would be output correctly on my Indigo 5500, and as a bonus question, what about color management, how do I preselect substrate, etc.? I can see a lot of good things, if my desktop machine can take over the RIP process, but if that comes with the loss of control of the machine dependent parameters, that's one step forward and two steps backward!

PS: I asked our HP tech support, but all they support is their own Yours Truly designer, which I have no intentions to use, as I already have the right VDP software

Kind regards,
Tommy
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Regular Contributor

Default Re: HP Indigo and JLYT files

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlar1977 View Post
Hi there!

I'm running FP Desktop, and since we got an Indigo I noticed that I can output to the native format,JLYT. AFAIK, this means the file will not be processed by the RIP, but simply output directly. Of course I just tried to do such a file, but that was no good....! So now I'm asking, how do I compose a file that would be output correctly on my Indigo 5500, and as a bonus question, what about color management, how do I preselect substrate, etc.? I can see a lot of good things, if my desktop machine can take over the RIP process, but if that comes with the loss of control of the machine dependent parameters, that's one step forward and two steps backward!

PS: I asked our HP tech support, but all they support is their own Yours Truly designer, which I have no intentions to use, as I already have the right VDP software

Kind regards,
Tommy
Hotfolders are you friend here. Setup hotfolders for the press characteristics, (stock, color profiles, etc.) and plot you JLYT's to that folder.. Works very well..

HTH...

Mark
Field Service Engineer - HP Indigo
Old October 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: HP Indigo and JLYT files

Hello Tommy,

Besides Mark's excellent suggestion of using hot folders for print production setting automation, also take a look at the FusionPro HP VDP Workflow document here:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=35

The information is a bit outdated but it is spot on in key areas of what your workflow should be - especially regarding the font loading information.

Tags
5500, indigo, jlyt