Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old April 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Junior Community Member

Unhappy FusionPro VDP Creator: JLYT has black background

We just recently upgraded to VDP Creator v8.0.13 and in the process installed on a new iMac (OSX 10.6.8). Our first attempt to compose a job was to open a job created in FP Desktop 7.1 and compose to JLYT for our Indigo 5000. This produced a page with a black background to the edge of the bleed and the page was duplicated to the right and down about 3 inches. When I opened another job and recomposed it to see if it was limited to one job, the second job had virtually the same results with different trim marks. The page from my first job was in my second job instead of the page from my second job. After restarting the iMac, I tried to recompose the second job. This produced the correct results for page 1 of the second job, but page two was identical to page 1 except for the variable text and graphics.

Trying to narrow down the cause. I went to the InDesign 5.5 file and re-exported from the FP window to a new document. I set the data file to none and composed it to JLYT with no imposition. This produced a single image of the page but still with a black background.

Composition to PDF is correct.
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: FusionPro VDP Creator: JLYT has black background

I do not have FP 8 installed yet but in the past, any time my final output has a black background it was usually due to transparency present in the original PDF.
FP 9.3.6, MAC OSX 10.9.4, Acrobat 11.0.09
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Junior Community Member

This document was fine in FusionPro Desktop 7.1.
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I just ran into something similar right now. We have postal indicia pdf (all vector) that has been used over and over on various print jobs. Today was the first run with that indicia out of FP8 and it was completely inverted with a black background.

We are also experiencing the rip hanging on the .jlyt extension. Change the file name to simply end in .jlt and it goes right through. It's really odd.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Just got burned by this one again. Looks like adding a white box behind everything is a workable patch. Hopefully PTI puts out a fix fast.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Everyone: Please contact FusionProSupport@PTI.com regarding any JLYT issues. This forum is not the right place to try to diagnose and track these kinds of issues.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Junior Community Member

I can't imagine why this forum would NOT be the place to track these kinds of issues as I'm sure a significant percentage of users are composing to JLYT. Or at least have been. I have finally been successful in composing to HP PPML with this version and have revised my work flow accordingly. In this case, the reversed background was not an issue with HP PPML.
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havdp View Post
I can't imagine why this forum would NOT be the place to track these kinds of issues as I'm sure a significant percentage of users are composing to JLYT. Or at least have been.
We can't fix cases in the abstract. We need files. And sometimes we need to work with people and check settings on their RIP or get other specific information. Occasionally, we even need to work iteratively with customers to give them patch builds, have them try things, and repeat until the output is right.

Also, this is the user community, for users to exchange information. It's not a substitute for Support, nor a conduit to address questions directly to PTI. While some PTI employees like me do monitor this forum and attempt to answer questions, there's no guarantee that we'll be able to do so. Again, that's what Support is for. (And specifically, the people who know how the JLYT output format works, i.e. not me, are not regular visitors. Besides, I haven't really heard a question in this thread anyway.)

In short, we have a formal issue tracking workflow, which starts with Support, but this forum is not part of that.

So it's fine to discuss these issues on the forum, but if you want a bug fixed, Support is the way to go.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:09 AM

We're looking at JLYT issues now, as part of an effort to build an 8.0 patch release. If you want your issue addressed, please send it to Support today.
LinkedIn

Old April 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
FusionPro VDP Support

Please collect the job and forward to fusionprosupport@pti.com

Tags
black background, jlyt, repeating page 1, vdp creator 8