Change Array Name in for loop

Chilton

I am attempting to build a table based on the following parameters:

• I have up to 10 appetizers to list
  • There can be any number from 5 to 10
  • The user is setting the sort order (display order) of each item (so I am searching for next sort order, and pushing food listing to arrays titled Food01 - Food10
  • determine last sort order to list in left column (leftLimit)
  • I need to balance the listings across the two columns so that column 1 contains the first 1/2 of the food listings (+1 in cases of odd # of listings) and column 2 contains the second half of the food listings

Once the contents of the arrays are set, I want to use a for loop to call the contents based on following:

for (next = 1; next <= 10; next++)
{
[indent]if (food01[0] != "") //the "01" should equal next (from loop above)
{[indent]myTable.AddRows(1);
counter ++;

//add table tags and set cell contents:
//cell[0] = foodNEXT[0]
//cell[1] = foodNEXT + leftLimit[0][/indent]
}
[/indent]}

I am unable to figure out how to iterate the Array name so that I can call the right array at the right time

Thanks!

Can you show the rest of the code where you're setting up the arrays? It's hard to just figure out one part of it looking through a keyhole.

Anyway, I think you want to create an array of arrays, aka a two-dimensional array, so that you can access each array like Food[0] or Food, and then access elements in each array like Food[0][0] or Food[j]. A table is basically a two-dimensional array like this already, so really you're just using one 2D Array object to represent the data in a 2D table.