Insert Picture

Ellie Mae

I want to insert three different hand drawn underlines in the body of a letter. I want to do this manually for four different letters, 4 different data files. I had them as part of the static background, but each letter is a bit different and I want to adjust the position manually. Can't I just draw a box and insert the pic I want? Maybe I am making this too difficult, but it's Monday.

Yes, something like that. I scanned the underlines, colored them a PMS blue and had them placed in the static background at first.

Now the client is making changes to the body text of the 4 different letters, which I have in Fusion Pro, with different variables inserted into the letters. Now the underlined text is going to flow differently from letter to letter, including line breaks in the middle of underlined text. The customer wanted the underlined text to look as if someone underlined it by hand with a blue marker.

We opted around that today, using the standard underline text formatting feature, to get the proofs moving again, but I think the customer would really like to see a custom underline in different places in the text.

Another question, if we do have to go with the standard text underline formatting of FusionPro, is there any way to underline black text with a pms blue underline?

Ellie,

I do not know of a way to accomplish that scenario. I was thinking the the underline would appear at a break in the text, but that the break would be different depending on one of the different versions. Similar to the way a photo or signature would appear and flow in a block of text.

As far as you second inquiry, I do not believe there is a way to define a separate color for the underline than the actual font. However, a possible alternative, would be to have 2 text frames directly on top of each other. The lower one would be in blue and would contain the underline. The upper text frame would be in black and would not have the underline. if they reside right on top of each other you would only see the blue underlined portion.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks so much. I think they are OK with the workaround.

How about a floating graphic signature? I have it in my static background right now and am tweaking the text to fall into the right place. Probably going to fall into the same scenario as the floating underlines?

Archived