Transparent Text and Type on a Path

Jordanh

I recently found out that FP can not handle variable text that has a transparency in the text color. Also that FP can not handle variable text on a path. I have tried both of these by creating a sample in Indesign and using the export to pdf from the FP plugin window. Also I have asked on this forum and was told FP does not support either case.

My question to the big dogs at Printable is.....Will I ever be able to accomplish these two tasks using Fusion Pro Desktop? Or will I have to drop Fusion Pro and find a different variable data software that can?

Thanks

Thank you for telling me about the text path tool. That solved one of my problems. But there is still the matter of transparent text. I would like to be able to do this.

Do any of you guys at printable know if transparent text will be offered at all or know a work around so I can get it done? I have a customer that wants to do this but I don't want to tell him we can't do it so I am stalling, trying to find a solution.

Please help.

Thanks

DirectSmile is probably going to be the only option. Creating graphics of the text you want to do.

Is the text going on a "solid" background or a mix of bitmap images and variances of colors?

If it was just a solid background, you might be able to achieve a font color that could achieve the look of being transparent. Just a thought.

The text is in front of pictures. rpatrick your work around seems like it would work but only for sold backgrounds. That might not always be the case. Thank you for your reply.

Correct, solid background idea only. So your only option is to go with DirectSmile to achieve what you are describing. Creating graphic images to achieve that look of transparent text.

Good luck with your decision.

Archived