Imposition with New Output on record changed

S_Black

I have a document that imposes to 4-Up, perfectly fine. I have also used the OnRecordStart call to create new output files when a field changes on other projects.

However, I have been searching through the forum to find a way to combine these two tasks. I have a data file and need 91 separate imposed documents. I want to avoid processing each of the 91 files separately, but each time I use the imposition with the combined data, the FieldChanged command doesn't execute correctly.

I haven't been able to find a post that addresses this specific topic, but would appreciate any guidance available.

Thanks

Can you post your rule?

That, and your FPI file at the very least. If you're using stacked imposition, then you probably need to set FusionPro.Composition.chunksBreakStacks = true in OnJobStart to override FusionPro's default of deferring a chunk break (new output file) to the start of the next fully imposed stack.

FPI attached and I was not aware that I needed additional chunk breaks. It makes since though

This is explained in the FusionPro User Guide, in the section titled, "Interaction between stack breaks and output file breaks" (on page 216 of the latest version).

Also, I'm not sure what a stack size of 1 accomplishes. Why not just do the vertical with no stacking?

The layout has variable names and sequences that need to stay in order. Without a stack my first page has 1,2,3,4 rather than 1,5,9,12

I see, you have Infinite Stack selected. So FusionPro tries to honor that by default, regardless of chunk (new output file) breaks. That's why you need to set FusionPro.Composition.chunksBreakStacks = true.