Bugs, improvements, feature requests

That's a great idea, Lance. Thanks! we do need to check the feasibility of it, first. I know, I know - I sound like a politician :o

What we don't want to have happen is to have people's reports and requests get lost. So, before we implement that, we need to find the best way to tie it into our existing reporting system so that the right people get notified.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to be able to see a report of what is contained in the Assets.dat file. I understand that being able to "crack" into this file is a no-no under many licenseing agreements, but I would like to at least be able to see a report of what is contained in this. There are numerous times when I do a collect and load the files onto FP Server, only to find out that some of the fonts or graphics were actually not collected. Or that the file composes correctly on FP Server using pdf settings but not postscript settings.

Thanks.

FusionPro 4.2p1d, Windows XP Pro, Acrobat 8.1.2

I would like to be able to see a report of what is contained in the Assets.dat file. I understand that being able to "crack" into this file is a no-no under many licenseing agreements, but I would like to at least be able to see a report of what is contained in this. There are numerous times when I do a collect and load the files onto FP Server, only to find out that some of the fonts or graphics were actually not collected. Or that the file composes correctly on FP Server using pdf settings but not postscript settings.

Thanks.

FusionPro 4.2p1d, Windows XP Pro, Acrobat 8.1.2

Actually, that's easy enough to answer here. Assets.dat contains the the fonts used in the template and nothing else.

Yes, I know that this is what is supposed to be contained there. But I would like to see a list of those fonts as a double check. I thought that was what the "verify" button did, but when I selected it, nothing was produced or listed as being verified.

I have had some jobs in the past that worked on the Desktop (all fonts embedded), but not of the Server. Most notebly the AdvPnet for a postal barcode.

I currently have no way to verify what fonts are contained in the Assets.dat file.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Some oldies but goodies:

1. Mac - BLACK CROP MARKS... been waiting on this one for months... I've spent more time in Pitstop editing crop marks for the last 3 months than I care to admit to...

2. An alternative to the "onjobstart rule" method of reading a field for number of copies you need of any particular record. It works, but, it's a pain to keep changing these paths (POSIX and HFS) in a client-server workflow.

There's not a lot I like about that slug, Yours Truly, but the checkbox for "the field that contains quantity" is great..

3. It would be great to have a check box for rules.. Check mark means read it - no check - don't even read the rule.. This would eliminate the false-errors in a log file when you have a rule, that is not used in THIS job but will be used in another..

4. A Biggie - It would be GREAT to have an option in the Fusion Pro Export dialog box within InDesign to select WHICH PDF export profile you want to use.. In the Prepress world, we have MANY profiles that utilize different CMS setings that are client based... Would only have to fix InDesign plugin because Quark is going to ruin the color anyway, so no need to bother...

5. The ability to create a VDP template for the Indigo Press for recurring jobs (as in YTD)...

6. And FINALLY, someone to answer my post about creating/printing tray break sheets using an imposition! :-)..

Archived