Choosing a color from a color picker

APP

Can we have a field in a template whereas a user can select a color from a color wheel or some type of color picker. Basically I need to change the background of a template to a color that a user can choose. I have it working now using a rule tag however the user can only select from color values I supply via a drop down. Anyway they can pick a new color from some type of color picker so the user can choose any value or even a pms value. Thoughts.

Thanks all

Can we have a field in a template whereas a user can select a color from a color wheel or some type of color picker. Basically I need to change the background of a template to a color that a user can choose. I have it working now using a rule tag however the user can only select from color values I supply via a drop down. Anyway they can pick a new color from some type of color picker so the user can choose any value or even a pms value. Thoughts.

Where is this "drop down?" Presumably it's in your custom application which is creating a data file for FusionPro Server. That's where you want to implement your custom color picker: inside your application, not in FusionPro itself.

What kind of application is it? A web app? A desktop app? What is it written in?

Sorry, did not check this post, Anyway, I am using javascipt within fusion pro to allow a user to choose a color from a predefine list of colors and a background image will change to that color upon selection. The end result being a template within printable and displayed on the web. All works, my define list is displayed. Now the question came up can a user enter their own color or choose from some type of color picker. None exists now. Wondering if anyone out there faced a simular problem and how they got around this. Be nice if a template can be defined with any number of color combinations for a user to select from in order to change a template background color.

Archived