Am I the only one?

ThePorge

Am I the only one that hates the new Imposer interface. I had kept using the old Imposer until upgrading my OS to Big Sur and now I'm stuck with the huge "Candy & Bubble Gum" icons in the newer version. Yuk!....and I've tried to warm up to it, but it is just Pee-yew and clunky!!!

Sorry, just had to vent

Sorry about that. The feedback is appreciated.

The older version was a Carbon app, which isn't supported anymore. (Apple keeps changing up their UI technologies.)

What would you suggest to make it better? Is it just the appearance, or is it that you have to scroll around more?

If you're on Windows, you can still use the older FP Imposer. On Mac, there's no going back, though if you open up the FPI file in a text editor it's not too hard to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the old UI looked dated, I do miss it.

With that said, I have been using the new(ish) version since it came out and have gotten used to it. You really have to be diligent about collapsing the sections if you don't want to scroll and using ctrl + scroll wheel to zoom in (not sure what this would be on the mac).

My one request would be to let it save some defaults. Like always having it start up with bleed set, a specified press sheet size, and having the primary step default to Stack. I realize you can just open an existing imp file, change it and do a save as, but having defaults would be really great. At the very least, let it save my zoom level.

• 4 months later...

Agree with OP. Have not like the newer imposer at all. All of our team use Macs fyi.

Compared to the previous version the ease of use of the new version is severely hindered by how much information is hidden. There have been several occasions where scrolling through the settings has actually changed various options if the drop-down menu was unlucky enough to be touched by the cursor while scrolling down. Then you have to go through all the options again and double-check all settings are still correct. Something the old version never had a problem with.

What would you suggest to make it better? Is it just the appearance, or is it that you have to scroll around more?

Suggestions to make it better would be to return the layout as close as possible to the previous version. The appearance wouldn't be so bad if the layout wasn't obscuring all the information that was easily seen and changed in the previous version.

We actually have multiple people in our department that have put off upgrading their FusionPro versions because of the imposer being a bear to work with. Would be nice if there was an option to have the UI look like the previous version. Surprised it was changed so drastically when the previous one had such a well-made layout.

• 1 month later...
Suggestions to make it better would be to return the layout as close as possible to the previous version. The appearance wouldn't be so bad if the layout wasn't obscuring all the information that was easily seen and changed in the previous version.

Dilly Dilly!!!!!

• 3 months later...

1. The new imposer needs MAJOR improvements. When opening a previous template, it should keep the setup but you have to do it all over again.

2. A shortcut for "Save As" like "command-shift-s" (for Mac) was taken out, why?

3. I have to open a newly saved/created template two to three times before it shows the layout that I had set up. (shows default otherwise).

4. Most of all the GUI is cumbersome and too big. You have to scroll and click a lot to select the settings you need. I'm all for improvements but this did not help productivity.

By the way, I put off upgrading FusionPro because of the Imposer GUI, but because of my system being outdated with Adobe products was forced to totally upgrade my system.

Edited by LyndaEngelage