Intelligent Mail Barcode and PPML output

LesSjo

I am having issues with the IMB Barcode, specifically when exporting as a PPML job. When I export as PDF the font shows up fine, but disappears when exporting as PPML. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a quick fix to it?

I am using the font provided by the USPS (USPSIMBCompact.ttf) and have been having good results with it. I tried instead to use the fix here using the IDAutomation4STATE.ttf font, but can't get it to output to the postal specifications... .125" tall, with min/max bar widths (.015";.025") and min/max bar spacing (.012";.040"). I haven't tried to output this as PPML yet because it would be useless unless the barcode is correct. Has anyone been able to use this font correctly yet?

The job in question is double sided, and contains almost 9000 records and will take hours to load as a pdf file. The PPML file is over 60MB.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
We've typically had bad luck outputting any truetype fonts to several output streams (including PPML) from Fusion Pro Desktop. The IMB font is no exception. I'm crossing my fingers that Printable will provide a Type 1 font for the IMB as they have with the postnet instead of the clunky workaround currently suggested. I've seen several users on the forum who have just given up and purchased a type 1 font from a third party.

Hello,

I've seen a couple posts from users reporting issues with the use of our TTF Intelligent Mail Barcode font "IDAutomation4State" where it is not outputting with an optimized printstream such as PPML.

I'm trying to understand the extent of these issues better so we can investigate and hopefully address for everyone.

You mention PPML as your output format from FP Desktop does not include the TTF font. Is this font file just not appearing in the .zip PPML file that is created?

I just did a quick test on my machine and was able to get this font to appear in my PPML .zip file (IDAutomation4State.pfa). This is on Windows XP, FP 6.0P1f, Acro 9.

Could you please also let me know what your OS, FP version, and Acro version are?

If anyone else has had similar experiences with the TTF font, please reply to this thread with these details as well.

Thank you.

This is embarrassing Mark. After your post, I wanted to test our problem more thoroughly to have good solid results to show you. Further testing seems to indicate that our problem was not in the font format, but rather related to a naming convention on the server. We had a "bullet" in one of the names in the path that was causing problems. I just tested the truetype font using all of the output streams we like i.e. ppml, vps, and Digimaster PS. They all seem to work fine as long as I'm closer to the root, and don't have any funky folder names. Thanks for following up!

• 1 month later...
I am also having issues with the IM Barcode as well when going to PPML. When exporting as a PPML job, the barcode disappears. When I export as PDF, the font shows up fine. I am also using the font provided by the USPS (USPSIMBCompact.ttf). What is the fix for this? Thank you

Archived