No export as PDF?

NPN

I don't know what you mean. Of course PDF is an output format from FusionPro. It's right there in the Output Format drop-down on the Composition Settings dialog. Can you be more specific as to exactly what you're expecting and exactly how that's different than what you're seeing?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm talking about expression, not FP designer. (why I ask in the expression forum)

In the producer I can choose from jpeg, tif, png, and eps.

I know I can produce a .pdf by using FP designer, but at the time of asking this question I only had FP 6.2, and that doesn't work with expression.

And I still think it's a valid question. I should be able to create PDF's just using expression.

NPN,

We will take your suggestion under consideration for future releases.

To answer your question, FP Expression generates personalized images. The standard image formats being: TIF, JPG, EPS, GIF and PNG. PDF is a "Portable Document Format" with the intent to be used for document exchange, as it encapsulates the images and fonts into a flattened universal file making it visible for anyone with a viewer to open it.

While PDF's have evolved into the only true universal Print format in the digital age, you can accomplish anything you need to do with the current output formats available via FP Expession; not to mention the ability do generate VDP PDF's via FP Desktop 7.x.

• 1 month later...
I'm talking about expression, not FP designer. (why I ask in the expression forum)

My apologies. I wasn't paying attention to which forum this was posted in.

Rich's answer is correct. There's nothing in the raster output which FP Expression generates that would require the overhead of PDF. Exactly what do you need to do with a PDF file that you can't do with a JPG?

Archived