FusionPro 7.2 Now Available!

Dan Korn

Hello everyone,

PTI has released version 7.2 of the FusionPro VDP Suite! This includes both Mac and Windows releases of FusionPro Desktop as well as the Windows-based FusionPro Direct and FusionPro Server.

New Features

The FusionPro 7.2 release includes a balance of new features and bug fixes. The new features are:

• Adobe Acrobat 10 Support on Mac and Windows
  • Quark 8.5 Support on Mac and Windows
  • JDF Finishing support
  • PDF/VT Output Format
  • Overprint Colors Supported
  • QR Barcodes as graphics to allow scaling
  • JPEG Output

Additional information about the 7.2 release, feature-set, and addressed issues can be found in both the FusionPro 7.2 release notes as well as the FusionPro VDP Software Version History page.

Upgrades and New Licenses

FusionPro customers can download the 7.2 release from the FusionPro VDP Software Download page.

New licenses of FusionPro Desktop 7.2 are available for $799 per license. Upgrade and full new versions can be purchased from the FusionPro Desktop Store. Please note that pricing and upgrade eligibility may change at any time.

Free FusionPro Desktop 7.2 upgrades are currently available for all FusionPro Desktop 7.0 and 7.1 customers. FusionPro Desktop 5.x and 6.x customers can upgrade to FusionPro Desktop 7.2 at a discounted price of $499 per license.

FusionPro Direct/Server and MarcomCentral customers who are active on their maintenance are entitled to an upgrade of their FusionPro VDP software. FusionPro Direct/Server customers can obtain their upgrades by contacting the FusionPro VDP Support team while MarcomCentral customers can contact their CPM to inquire about the upgrade.

MarcomCentral Support of FusionPro Desktop 7.2 Templates

PTI has completed testing of the FusionPro 7.2 template format and it is currently compatible with MarcomCentral.

Enjoy the new release and please let our team know if you have any questions. Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

FusionPro 7.2P1d (Windows) does not work with InDesign CS 5.5 - after latest InDesign update to ver. 7.5.1

Unfortunately Adobe fixed internal bug of InDesign and result is -- almost all plugins for CS5 does not work with CS5.5 (after update)

• 1 month later...
FusionPro 7.2P1d (Windows) does not work with InDesign CS 5.5 - after latest InDesign update to ver. 7.5.1

Unfortunately Adobe fixed internal bug of InDesign and result is -- almost all plugins for CS5 does not work with CS5.5 (after update)

The FusionPro 7.2P1k release supports the latest version of InDesign CS 5.5 on both Windows and Mac.

The new FusionPro 7.2P1k release can be downloaded now. Please uninstall your current version before installing the new version. Details on how to only install the plug-in for InDesign CS5.5 are also listed on the site.

Details on enhancements and bug fixes in this release are as follows and detailed here.

Enhancements:

• Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Support on Mac and Windows
  • Enhanced JDF support

Issues Addressed:

• Postscript output option to duplex using a PPD file is not handled properly (FP-11574)
  • On Mac, JDF submission of a job with a space in the output file path is not handled properly (FP-11623)
  • 'Change phone format' rule is not included in Mac installation (FP-11599)
  • Composition does not properly handle parsing tags with empty attribute values (FP-11579)
  • Certain jobs do not handle composing large amounts of records and text frames properly (FP-11578)
  • Changing finishing settings back-and-forth between JDF and a PPD causes Acrobat to stop working (FP-11576)
  • Non-English Windows installer has the incorrect text where FP Direct should be specified (FP-11604)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lauren,

I saw a different thread from about a month ago where you noted that the plugin wouldn't work with CS5.5.1 version. Will this new 7.2k version work for 5.5.1?

thanks,

kim

I saw a different thread from about a month ago where you noted that the plugin wouldn't work with CS5.5.1 version. Will this new 7.2k version work for 5.5.1?

Yes, FusionPro 7.2P1k is fully compatible with all existing versions of InDesign CS 5.5.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So the year has ended...when might we expect a newer version of FP for Lion?

FusionPro 8.0 is now scheduled for release in early February. We had some unexpected issues at the end of the year and decided not to rush out a release during the holidays. Apologies for the delay.

• 4 weeks later...
FusionPro 8.0 is now scheduled for release in early February. We had some unexpected issues at the end of the year and decided not to rush out a release during the holidays. Apologies for the delay.

...and early February has now come and gone. Any word?

I think they were referring to the other February....in 2013. Although i sympathize with the PTI developers....i really don't....its a pain having to use two systems. Maybe they can throw in better documentation while we wait with better object library referencing.

Sorry about that. We're still working on a few lingering issues. Adding support for Lion, running all native on Intel, required significant changes to our Mac architecture, and corresponding Windows changes as well, and we need to ensure composition parity with 7.2. We won't release it until it's rock-solid. I can't give you an exact release date, but it's close. Please bear with us a little longer. This release will be worth it. Thanks!

Huh, we just purchased all new Macs that shipped with Lion and I find out today I can't even run FusionPro now. *sigh*

Should I prepare to tell my Boss(es) that we'll have to shell out for an upgrade to FP 8.0 whenever it releases, or is there any "grandfather" clause for recent purchasers of 7.2? Thanks~

Archived