Font won't preview

BPprepress

The customer supplied font has been installed and shows up in the Variable Text Editor drop down. It also looks correct in the Editor's window. However, after I enter my variable data in Avanti eAccess and click Proceed to Preview, the font is incorrect. I'm am using Indesign 5.5, Acrobat 10, FusionPro 7.2.13.0, Avanti 12.3.4.

Does the font show up if you do a regular Composition (not a Preview)? Are there any messages about it in the composition log (.msg) file?

If the problem is specific to Preview, then go into Acrobat's Preferences dialog box, then under Categories, select Page Display, and then check the "Use Local Fonts" box.

"Use Local Fonts" is checked.

This is some of what I'm seeing in the .msg file.

Font ID 674 is not loaded into DTL properly. Default plain style font is used instead

Failed to load font PenumbraHalfSerifStd-Reg

Font ID 670 is not loaded into DTL properly. Default plain style font is used instead

Failed to load font PenumbraHalfSerifStd-Light

"Use Local Fonts" is checked.

This is some of what I'm seeing in the .msg file.

Font ID 674 is not loaded into DTL properly. Default plain style font is used instead

Failed to load font PenumbraHalfSerifStd-Reg

Font ID 670 is not loaded into DTL properly. Default plain style font is used instead

Failed to load font PenumbraHalfSerifStd-Light

What operating system and version are you running?

Also, if you look in your fonts.err file (the location is specific to the OS, which is why I was asking about that), are there any references to the "PenumbraHalfSerifStd" fonts? Do you have the problem with all fonts, or just with certain ones?

You might want to try just re-loading all fonts in FusionPro.

Edited by Dan Korn

I'm am using Indesign 5.5, Acrobat 10, FusionPro 7.2.13.0, Avanti 12.3.4, Windows 7.

Tried reloading font. No joy.

I don't see "PenumbraHalfSerifStd" in fonts.err file

Okay, thanks for the info, and for trying that.

So it's a problem just with that one font, and not a general problem with all fonts?

You're running an older version of FusionPro.So it's possible that the problem was fixed in FusionPro 8 or 9. Frankly, FusionPro 8 and later have better support for Windows 7 than FusionPro 7.2 did.

At any rate, I think we've reached the limits of what can be done to analyze the problem in the context of this forum.

So I would recommend trying one or both of these things:

1. Send the font to FusionProSupport@PTI.com so that we can try to reproduce the problem.
  2. Install FusionPro 9.1 and see if that fixes the problem.

So I would recommend trying one or both of these things:

Send the font to FusionProSupport@PTI.com so that we can try to reproduce the problem.

Do I reference this thread or restate my problem?

You can reference this thread, although I would include at least a summary of the problem in your email.

Install FusionPro 9.1 and see if that fixes the problem

We are considering it.

You can get a trial license from Support as well.