FusionPro no longer in Adobe Acrobat?

Stack

I just noticed that the FusionPro plugin is no longer showing up in Acrobat. I'm not sure if there was a recent update or anything but I am running the latest version of Acrobat. I'm also running InDesign 2022 and 2023 concurrently and FusionPro is still installed in ID 2022. Is there any way to get the plugin working in Acrobat without doing a complete uninstall and reinstall?

I'm running MacOS Ventura 13.0.

Does your Mac have a Silicon (M1 or M2) processor instead of an Intel processor? If so, you need to run Acrobat under Rosetta, as the FusionPro plug-in is an Intel x86_64 executable. From Acrobat, select Preferences, then go to General and, at the bottom under Application Startup, UN-check the "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance" box. Also UN-check the "Use only certified plug-ins" box.

Does your Mac have a Silicon (M1 or M2) processor instead of an Intel processor? If so, you need to run Acrobat under Rosetta, as the FusionPro plug-in is an Intel x86_64 executable. From Acrobat, select Preferences, then go to General and, at the bottom under Application Startup, UN-check the "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance" box. Also UN-check the "Use only certified plug-ins" box.

Worked like a charm Dan, thank you!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I am running into this issue. Mac mini with an M2 chip, Mac OS 13.2.1, trying to install FusionPro 13.0.2

I unchecked the "Enable native OS" box as advised, and now Acrobat is crashing on startup, I can only have it open for about 30 seconds before the whole thing locks up and I have to force quit.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

13 hours ago, hsprinkle said:

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I am running into this issue. Mac mini with an M2 chip, Mac OS 13.2.1, trying to install FusionPro 13.0.2

I unchecked the "Enable native OS" box as advised, and now Acrobat is crashing on startup, I can only have it open for about 30 seconds before the whole thing locks up and I have to force quit.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Sorry, you can disregard, I emailed Support and was informed that the M2 chip is not yet supported. Huge bummer, since I literally just bought this computer, but I can continue using my old Mac or switch to my PC until the software is M2 compatible.

9 minutes ago, hsprinkle said:

When I went to reinstall Acrobat DC though CC, I was prompted to update the Rosetta emulator. I was not prompted to do this on my first install of Acrobat after I initially set up the Mac. Once I did that, I unchecked Enable native OS and turned off Enhanced Security (which was at Enfocus's instruction for PitStop Pro) and everything is working without a hitch now, including FusionPro.

Thanks for the follow-up.  Yes, FusionPro should operate properly when Acrobat is running in Rosetta (Intel emulation) mode on a Silicon chip Mac (M1 or M2).  But Rosetta must be installed.  We'll update our instructions for setting up Acrobat with Rosetta.  (And yes, we are working on a Silicon native plug-in that doesn't require the Rosetta emulator.  It's complex with all of the library dependencies that FusionPro has.)

On 2/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, Dan Korn said:

Thanks for the follow-up.  Yes, FusionPro should operate properly when Acrobat is running in Rosetta (Intel emulation) mode on a Silicon chip Mac (M1 or M2).  But Rosetta must be installed.  We'll update our instructions for setting up Acrobat with Rosetta.  (And yes, we are working on a Silicon native plug-in that doesn't require the Rosetta emulator.  It's complex with all of the library dependencies that FusionPro has.)

Totally understandable! I imagine it's almost like starting from scratch. Thanks for the update Dan!