Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 7th, 2015, 07:36 AM
milind.vaze milind.vaze is offline
Junior Community Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Default Sort output by number of pages per record

Hello:

I have to print multipage statements.

For some statements data will cover only 1 page and some will cover more than 1 page i.e. 2, 3, 4, 5 ....

I would like to compose:
  • Separate pdf for all 1 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 2 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 3 page statements
  • and so on
OR
  • compose a separate pdf for each statement, so that I can sort the file size and print the 1 pagers first, 2 pagers next, 3 pagers after that
This has a major impact on the post printing operations.


Please let me know about this. OR if you have any other solution for this requirement.


Regards.


Milind Vaze.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:47 AM
milind.vaze milind.vaze is offline
Junior Community Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Default Re: output to files based on number of pages

Hello:

Regarding my yesterday's quote:

After posting this query I saw Dan's reply to:

multiple open output streams
JorgeP
October 6th, 2014 07:44 PM
by JorgeP

From this reply it seems that through normal Fusion Pro usage, my requirement cannot be done.

I was trying to do this through a rule based on 'OnPageCount' but was getting errors. If this works I could output files for page count 1, then change the rule, and output files for page count 2 and so on. Will this be possible?

Regards

Milind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by milind.vaze View Post
Hello:

I have to print multipage statements.

For some statements data will cover only 1 page and some will cover more than 1 page i.e. 2, 3, 4, 5 ....

I would like to compose:
  • Separate pdf for all 1 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 2 page statements
  • Separate pdf for all 3 page statements
  • and so on
OR
  • compose a separate pdf for each statement, so that I can sort the file size and print the 1 pagers first, 2 pagers next, 3 pagers after that
This has a major impact on the post printing operations.


Please let me know about this. OR if you have any other solution for this requirement.


Regards.


Milind Vaze.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Dan Korn's Avatar
Dan Korn Dan Korn is offline
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,671
Default Re: Sort output by number of pages per record

Quote:
Originally Posted by milind.vaze View Post
After posting this query I saw Dan's reply to:

multiple open output streams
JorgeP
October 6th, 2014 07:44 PM
by JorgeP

From this reply it seems that through normal Fusion Pro usage, my requirement cannot be done.
Really? From my posts in that thread (not sure why you didn't just put the link to it in your post), I don't think the takeaway is that you can't do any of the things you list in your original post. I did note that you can indeed output each record to its own file, and even sort those separate files into different folders, among several other suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milind.vaze View Post
I was trying to do this through a rule based on 'OnPageCount' but was getting errors. If this works I could output files for page count 1, then change the rule, and output files for page count 2 and so on. Will this be possible?
No, that's not what the OnPageCount rule is for. It gets called when you use the $pagecount variable in a text frame, and the OnPageNumber rule gets called when you use the $pagenum variable, so that you can do custom page numbering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milind.vaze View Post
  • compose a separate pdf for each statement, so that I can sort the file size and print the 1 pagers first, 2 pagers next, 3 pagers after that
Yes, again, I noted that this is possible in that other thread.
__________________
Dan Korn
FusionPro Developer / JavaScript Guru / Forum Moderator
PTI Marketing Technologies | Printable | MarcomCentral
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:17 AM
milind.vaze milind.vaze is offline
Junior Community Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Default Re: Sort output by number of pages per record

Hello Dan:

When I wrote 'through normal FusioPro usage my requirement cannot be done' I only meant - that the way I understood from that thread, I could not get my work done via any of the options available in composition settings for output OR was I missing out on any of the options available in the composition menu?

It was not my intention to comment on the capabilities of FusionPro. I don't know it well know enough to do that. Regrets if I have created any other impression.

Will try out some of the other options you have suggested.

Thanks.

Milind Vaze


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korn View Post
Really? From my posts in that thread (not sure why you didn't just put the link to it in your post), I don't think the takeaway is that you can't do any of the things you list in your original post. I did note that you can indeed output each record to its own file, and even sort those separate files into different folders, among several other suggestions.

No, that's not what the OnPageCount rule is for. It gets called when you use the $pagecount variable in a text frame, and the OnPageNumber rule gets called when you use the $pagenum variable, so that you can do custom page numbering.

Yes, again, I noted that this is possible in that other thread.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
multiple files, no. of sheets

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2011, PTI Marketing Technologies™, Inc.