A way to call out "white" within a rule?

BAndreas

I have a business card template where a user can select a black or white background, and the copy is returned in the opposite.

Here is the code I used. It validates and works correctly on the desktop, but not when uploaded. (White appears dark grey on top of Black) The white is also within my template color manager. :confused:

var modTextBlack = "<f name=\"" + Field("Font") + "\">" + "<color name=\"black" + "\">" + Field("Fname") + "</color>" + "</f>";

var modTextWhite = "<f name=\"" + Field("Font") + "\">" + "<color name=\"white" + "\">" + Field("Fname") + "</color>" + "</f>";

if (Field("Color") == "black")

return modTextWhite;

else

return modTextBlack;

Appreciate the help on this.

Hi esmith. Trying to expand on the code you provided in a past thread. (Mucho thanks!) Unfortunately, I get the same result with the capitalization. (Dark gray type on a Black background.) Anyway, works great on the desktop. :p

Color names in FusionPro (in tagged markup) are not case-sensitive. That is, "Black" is the same as "black" and "BLACK." However, if you write some JavaScript logic which does a comparison against a color name (such as in your example), then that comparison may very well be case-sensitive. So you may want to do something like this instead:

if (ToLower(Field("Color")) == "black")

Beyond that, if your output is different in Desktop than in MarcomCentral, I would suggest asking about it on the MarcomCentral forum.

Like I said, if it's working differently under MarcomCentral, you should ask on that forum. You may also want to try making a copy of the rule with the "Treat returned strings as tagged text" box UNchecked and output that to a separate frame as a means of debugging after uploading. Maybe dump the field value as well; it might not be what you think it is based on the entry in the web form.

Archived