Transparency in a Graphic Frame?

adamk1975

I have a tiff with transparency that I'd like to place into a graphic frame in FusionPro. Unfortunately, the transparent area turns completely white, as you can see in this screenshot:

http://go.visualtech.com/dam/temp/transparency_issues.jpg

That entire bottom third of the image, or so, should be transparent and show the background color of the PDF.

Is there a way to do that?

Adam

The only solution is to create a graphic with the fade to the background color included. If you have more than 1 image you are using, you'll need to do it for all of them. Likewise, if the background color varies, you'll need to create all those options too. If this is for a Marcom store where the user will be able to upload their own image, it can't be done at all.

Sorry there isn't anything better.

I've also had problems with drop shadows and other transparency effects in illustrator eps image files. They can sometimes cause problems too when the final output file rips. Black boxes like your white ones.

Actually there is another option. If you create the artwork you need as a pdf with transparency i.e. no background(illustrator works best for this from my experience) then you can place these resources in graphic frames with transparency and output them as a pdf just fine. The downside is that the PDF will take longer to RIP. But I have jobs that I use this for quite often. It's the only means of using transparency in images that I have found which works.

Hope this helps and is not too late.

Archived