What happened to my XML Rules?

OK so I just loaded the new FP Desktop on one of our macs:

Arcobat 8

FP 7.0p1c

OSX 10.5.8

2.5 ghz PPC and 6Gb ram

When I open the rules dialog and hit the new rule button it give me this error:

Empty Rule /Library/Application Support/Printable/FusionPro/Plugins/TemplateXML/ (insert ANY rule name here)

and none of them show up in FP. I have verified that the file are there and they do contain the XML.

I have reinstalled twice with no change.:mad:

How can I fix this or wht might be causing it?

thanks

When I open the rules dialog and hit the new rule button it give me this error:

Empty Rule /Library/Application Support/Printable/FusionPro/Plugins/TemplateXML/ (insert ANY rule name here)

and none of them show up in FP. I have verified that the file are there and they do contain the XML.

Do you get this message multiple times? To specifically which rule, or rules, is it referring?

Also, do you have any custom rules in there? Did you delete the folder before re-installing?

Do you get this message multiple times? To specifically which rule, or rules, is it referring?

Yes, I get it for each rule that is in the XML folder, any and all rules in the folder.

Also, do you have any custom rules in there? Did you delete the folder before re-installing?

Yeah, I deleted all the stuff in the Library folder that was from printable, re-installed and still get the message. No custom rules, just updated from FP6

Okay. So it's obviously not an issue with a custom rule template. And I'm not able to reproduce the problem with the same version of FusionPro and Mac OS X. Therefore, this is an installation/configuration issue, which means that you'll have to contact Support for further help.

Archived