Ganging Native Files

hrueda

When I get a Job Ticket Notification email the native files come as individual files. Is there a way in Marcom to make it so the Native Files will be ganged in one pdf document on the Job Ticket Notification?

Thank you!

Hugo

Hugo,

When you say "native files" from Marcom, I assume are you referring to the 1-up composed PDF. Yes you can get a ganged imposition, but you can only gang like quantities and if Auto Job Ticket is set up, they must be on the same order to be ganged up. In the Template Setup section for the Product, the Configuration tab allows you to assign a default imposition file. Once assigned and the template is Published, the Auto Job Ticket would need to be adjusted to reflect the imposition.

In order to accomplish this manually, you must have a default imposition assigned on the Config tab (as indicated above). Then when the Job Ticket is created the imposition will be generated with the item or items ganged up, depending on the like quantities of the items being imposed. For more info on how to create Job Tickets, including ganged impositions here is a video you can check out: Job Ticketing in Distribution

Hope this helps.

Please look at the attachment and pardon for the size of the image as this format only allows it under minuscule sizing. When I said "Native Files" those are the files that are under the 1 up non composed. I would like to gang those files into 1 and not have them come individually.

Thanks!

ScreenShot2016-08-12at2_38_11PM.png.8fb687cbe073b54864dd25b3b05a7580.png

Hugo,

I do not recognize that screen, so it is hard for me to decipher what is happening. But as I indicated earlier, you can gang the items up if they are like quantities, and that link at the top of your screen shot to the "Imposed File" should have them altogether.

Talk to the Portal admin about validating how this Product is set up.