FP Expression resource from CSV file

bhm8hwcm

I am tyring to create a rule whereby I get the name of the FP Expression to be used from a CSV file rather than attaching a particular Expressions image to a variable graphic box. I am new to javascript so having some problems with creating the resource i think.

I converted the FP rule for inserting a personalized picture to javascript. I need to create the resource though not sure how.

My javascript is setup like this:

my csv file has a field called file and value is name of template I want to use like "cookie.fpx" (without quotes...have also tried with quotes)

var Pic1 = "";

var Var1 = "name";

var Var2 = "";

var Var3 = "";

var Var4 = "";

Pic1 = CreateResource(Field("file"), "graphic",true);

var myPI = Resource(Pic1);

When i try to validate i get an error saying :

Error: In Resource(), no resource named Resource("Cookie.fpx)

Any thoughts? thanks

You need to change that next-to-last line to:

Pic1 = CreateResource(Field("file"), "FP Expression Image");

And right after that you'll want to add aline like this to add the personalization data:

Pic1.AddData(Field("Name"));

Then you can just "return Pic1." You don't need that other call to Resource().

Hi Dan thanks a lot...this worked!

One last question, in my rule I would also like to access the page number of the PDF. I am working with a multipage pdf with rules on each page and want to access the page numbers within the rules.

I was looking through the building blocks but was not sure which one to use and could not get them to work. I know you can access the page number as a variable in a text box so I assume the variable is available for use in a rule.

thanks

Archived