Copyfit with connected frames work, but vertical alignment is off

pmorgan

I have two frames which are connected, and they are the same size, and I needed

to get them to copyfit both to the same size, which is working properly.

The frame(s) contain the variables:

<<Address1>> <<ColumnBREAK>> <<Address2>>

with <<ColumnBREAK>> being the text rule that forces <<Address2>>

to appear in the second frame (see attached screenshot).

Based on Dan's suggestion in another thread, <<ColumnBREAK>> is defined as:

return "<p verticalstart=topofcolumn br=true>";

My question is, why is the information in the second frame centered,

and top aligned in the first frame? How do I get both to center properly in their frames?

ConnectFramesScreenshot.jpg.128fe2c6eab91615dbcbef382026f212.jpg

My question is, why is the information in the second frame centered,

and top aligned in the first frame? How do I get both to center properly in their frames?

The good news is, after some investigation, I can answer your first question. The bad news is, there doesn't seem to be a way to center align both frames.

The issue is that the multi-frame flow functionality was designed with the assumption that if you're flowing to a new frame, the frame you're coming from must have been filled up, so the vertical alignment setting is not taken into account, except for the last frame. I tried several variations, including using a <page> tag; eliminating the ColumnBREAK rule and replacing the <p> tags in your rules with <br> tags and setting widows of 99 on each paragraph, which accomplishes the same "go to the next frame" functionality; and using a single frame with two columns, but the result was the same.

You may want to consider reworking the job to roll your own copyfitting so that you can have the same settings in both frames. Since these are simple rectangular frames, you should be able use the FusionProTextMeasure object to determine what magnification setting each frame needs, and then use the smallest one for both.

Archived