Pre populating Addresses from a pull down list

kenstraker

Hi

I am trying to create a business card the company has offices all over the globe and i want to demonstrate the ability to capture any employee’s data from any of the offices they have. – Also it is important that although the information is pre populated in the main, it needs to be editable, for example:

If Mr A. N. Example registers at the London office his data would be pre populated for the London office. However, if he then has to move to say, an office in France he will need to have the ability to change the details from a pull down menu. What is the best way? as i cant get this to work quite right.

Cheers

K

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

So the application is DSF I can make the fields pre populate within DSF.

But then i need to make drop down of Region (europe, asia, United States, etc) and then a further drop down of the offices, then that would mean that we could go for instance Europe>United Kingdom> London, and only then it would populate the details for that office.

Regards

So the application is DSF I can make the fields pre populate within DSF.

Okay. How are you making the form with the pre-populated fields now? Are you using the HTML Form Definition (Web DataCollect) feature in FusionPro? Or are you doing something within the DSF application?

But then i need to make drop down of Region (europe, asia, United States, etc) and then a further drop down of the offices, then that would mean that we could go for instance Europe>United Kingdom> London, and only then it would populate the details for that office.

If you're using the HTML Form Definition dialog, then I think you can set up Parent and Child Pick List fields. If not, then you'll need to ask someone from EFI.