What's wrong with this syntax?

David Weisman

This is from OnRecordStart.

When I first added the if/else statement, the file composed fine. The next day FP immediately crashed on composition. I removed the if/else, it composed fine. I added the if/else again, and it composed fine

The next day, exact same scenario. The files that composed fine yesterday again crashed. Removing and re-adding the if/else fixed the problem. Any thoughts?

var Var1 = "JobNumber";

var Var2 = ".pdf";

var Var3 = "/Volumes/production/FP_Auto/PDFOUT/";

var Var5 = "OrderNumber";

var picture = new FusionProResource(Var3 + Field(Var5) + "_" + Field(Var1) + Var2);

var finalTicket = Int(Field("Qty")) + 4

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = finalTicket;

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Ticket", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("TicketB", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PDF", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber > 1 && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber < finalTicket);

if(picture.countPages == 1)

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Blank", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber > 1 && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber < finalTicket);

else

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PDFB", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber > 1 && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber < finalTicket);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Ticket2", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == finalTicket);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Ticket2B", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == finalTicket);

This is from OnRecordStart.

When I first added the if/else statement, the file composed fine. The next day FP immediately crashed on composition.

Please be more specific. What exactly did FusionPro do? Is there an error message?

I removed the if/else, it composed fine. I added the if/else again, and it composed fine

The next day, exact same scenario. The files that composed fine yesterday again crashed. Removing and re-adding the if/else fixed the problem. Any thoughts?

Well, it's hard to analyze just the rule, without the data and the rest of the job. But my guess is that you haven't actually activated any pages for the record, or for the job.

All my pages are unused, and only used via OnRecordStart. Is that the wrong way to do this?

No, it's fine to do that. But you need to make sure that you're always activating a page.

I can't analyze why it's not working without seeing the collected job. Can you post it here?

Also, I'll ask again: What specifically is the failure mode? What exactly do you mean by "crashed?" Is there an error message?

• 1 month later...

When a user (we have two licenses) starts composition the dialog/progress bar appear for a few seconds, then "unexpectedly quit".

-

Our solution has been to delete the following section:

if(picture.countPages == 1)

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Blank", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber > 1 && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber < finalTicket);

else

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("PDFB", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber > 1 && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber < finalTicket);

We then begin initiate composition again, cancel after a few seconds, repaste the code back in the document and begin composing again. This happens on the first job since the computer rebooted. Subsequent jobs with the same code will not quit.

I have attached a collected file.

PC-Standard.zip