Help Trouble Shooting Font Issue

bkurzbuch

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6, Acrobat 11.0.22, Suitcase Fusion 18.2.4 and FusionPro 9.3.36

I need some help trouble shooting a font problem. I have a couple of jobs we do monthly and for some reason a couple of the fonts that I've been using the last year or so will not load in FusionPro now. All my applications see them just not FusionPo. I have the entire Gotham OTF family and the font for USPS IMB that will not load now and I can't figure out what to do. It is effecting several different templates and as far as I know, there's ben no software upgrades in between when they worked and now. Did a reinstall of FusionPro and still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for helping.

It's highly unlikely that anyone here on the forum will be able to offer much help with a problem with a specific font. And please do NOT post the font here. As my signature notes, your best bet is to go through Support.

That said, there is some general advice I can offer. The first thing is that you could look in the fonts.err file (in "/Library/Preferences/PTI/FusionPro") to see if there are any messages related to the font.

Also, we recommend using Apple's Font Book app to manage fonts on your system, rather than a third-party font app such as Suitcase. That said, a lot of Mac customers are using Suitcase, so we do work with it, even though we can't claim to officially support it. The main problem we see is that, when a font is activated in a third-party utility such as Suitcase, the font cache in macOS is not necessarily updated, so FusionPro doesn't see the font when it asks the OS for the list of fonts to load. There are two ways to update the font cache: one is to restart the computer; the other is to follow the steps here. After that, you can do a Load Fonts again and all activate fonts should be processed.

Hi Dan

This is the only message concerning the USPS IBM Font i found in the log.

Warning: Font instance does not match for font USPS4CB IMB33. font: 200512,69448 style: 0,0 . Must be a duplicate. Skipped font.

I ran the steps you provide in the link using terminal and everything seems to be back to normal. THANK YOU

Can you enlighten me as to what that message means.

Thanks again

I ran the steps you provide in the link using terminal and everything seems to be back to normal. THANK YOU

Great! I'm glad I could help.

This is the only message concerning the USPS IBM Font i found in the log.

Warning: Font instance does not match for font USPS4CB IMB33. font: 200512,69448 style: 0,0 . Must be a duplicate. Skipped font.

Can you enlighten me as to what that message means.

Well, it's not necessarily meant to mean anything to you as a user. It's more for troubleshooting by folks here at MarcomCentral. That said, it means that there was more than one actual font instance which claims to have a "Regular" (neither bold nor italic) style for that font family. So we basically are saying that we already got this style of this font, so we don't need to get it again. As the message notes, it's a warning, not an error, and the font is still loaded.