Repeat Record - Event Tickets (FP 6.0+)

Admin1676454018

The attached is a sample job that demonstrates the repeat record capability added in the 6.0 release of the FusionPro VDP suite. Please note that FusionPro Desktop 6.0 or greater is required to run this sample.

This job is a simple event ticket with input data to specify the event name, start ticket number, and number of tickets requested.

Each ticket is composed with the current ticket number, total tickets being composed, and a variable barcode with the encoded ticket number.

Output is imposed 7X2 14-up with stacking in order to maintain the ticket numbering through finishing.

The JavaScript code (placed in an OnRecordStart rule) being run to set the repeat count is:

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = Field("Number of Tickets");

Here's a preview of the first sheet of output:

http://forums.printable.com/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=11

tickets-output.pdf

event-tickets.zip

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the sample file, it's been greatly helpful.

I've got my ticket and rules setup, and the single item looks fine (composes, etc...).

... So, maybe I'm just daft, but.. how do I tell it to make me 600 of these? Can't just hit print and enter 600 into the Quantity in Acrobat?

Sorry.. Know where I am, and where I want to go.. just don't know how to get there!? Do I make a template on my website and order 600 of them for myself? Pretend I'm my own customer? Can't I print this from the desktop somehow?

Thanks.

- Mac

Hello Mac,

By "600 of these", are you looking for 600 individually numbered tickets? If so, see this sample how there's a field called "Number of Tickets". This drives the repeat logic in the OnRecordStart rule to repeat the record as many times as needed. Change that data value to 600 for your use.

hth

Awesome Mark, thanks for the help!

Had a licensing problem w/ FusionPro helping muddle things up, but now that I've got the full desktop version installed, it's working exactly as described in the tutorial.

Thanks again! This new 6.0 version's a lot slicker than previous, I'm starting to like it a lot (even if it does frustrate the hell out of you some days).

- Mac

• 2 months later...

I'm working on a similar project. However, The user needs to be able to specify the start number and number of records on a printable site.

For example: They want to start with 1000 and they want 600 tickets. So we'll print 600 tickets with the numbers 1000-1600 on them.

Is there a simple formula that can help me accomplish this?

thanks!

Kristen

Hello Kristin,

See the example at the top of this thread with the ZIP download sample template. This sample shows how a "Start Number" can be used with "Number of Tickets" to then result in the numbering as you would expect. So start of 300 w/ 100 tickets would have tickets that start at 300 and go to 399.

This sample has actually been loaded within FusionPro Web as a versioned item and tested. Note that the previews in FPW do not show the repeat capability (to limit requests of, perhaps, hundreds of thousands of tickets in a preview for one job) but it will output the job correctly after the order is placed.

hth

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark!

I got it working beautifully. They now want the number to be formatted with zeros in front. for example "0001" I tried using the rule that will pad numbers

Var1="StartNumber";
LeadingZero="0000";
return FormatNumber(LeadingZero, Field(Var1));

I put that rule in my actual number rule:

startNum = Int(Field("StartNumber"));
ticketNum = startNum + FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber - 1;

return ticketNum;

But it's still returning "0" any ideas on how to make this work?

thanks,

Kristen

Hello Kristen,

I assume you want the leading zeros on the ticket number itself? I modified the rule "Current Ticket Number" in the sample files for this job to add leading zeros. By putting in the 5 0's, this will ensure there are always at least 5 digits in the number returned. Take a look:

startNum = Int(Field("Start Ticket Number"));
ticketNum = startNum + FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber - 1;

LeadingZero = "00000";
ticketNum = FormatNumber(LeadingZero, startNum);
return ticketNum;

Now if you also want these 0's for the "end ticket number" that is also used in the sample job (the number of the last ticket in the series), then here's a modified version of the "" rule:

endNum = Int(Field("Start Ticket Number")) + Int(Field("Number of Tickets"))-1;

LeadingZero = "00000";
endNum = FormatNumber(LeadingZero, endNum);

return endNum;

hth

Archived