Ignore Record

mteed11

Customer is uploading a mailing list into a variable template. In some cases their data does not include an actual address. I would like to modify the template so it will ignore those records so it not only calculates the units and costs correctly on the storefront, but also ignores those records when sending us the print file. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I would like to modify the template so it will ignore those records so it not only calculates the units and costs correctly on the storefront,

That I don't know. You should ask about that on the MarcomCentral app forum.

but also ignores those records when sending us the print file. Is this possible?

Sure, just do this in the OnRecordStart rule:

if (!Field("Address"))
   FusionPro.Composition.composeThisRecord = false;

Or:

FusionPro.Composition.composeThisRecord = !!Field("Address");

I'm having deja vu :rolleyes:

Ah, yes. Mike, please don't duplicate threads with the same question. Thanks!

Hi Dan. This seemed to work when the final output was a PDF, but it doesn't seem to work if it's mapped data. Is that correct?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "mapped data?" Do you mean a different output format? If so, please specify the output format as shown in the Composition Settings dialog.

Sorry Dan. Still trying to figure this all out. This is actually a setting in Marcom. You can choose a PDF final format or a Mapped Data format which is basically a text file. Your solution seems to work using the PDF, but not the text.

Sorry Dan. Still trying to figure this all out. This is actually a setting in Marcom. You can choose a PDF final format or a Mapped Data format which is basically a text file. Your solution seems to work using the PDF, but not the text.

Sorry, I don't know anything about that MarcomCentral app feature. I suspect it's probably not using FusionPro at all, and therefore not running any FusionPro rules.

Again, please ask questions specified to the MarcomCentral application on the MarcomCentral app forum.

Thanks Dan. The FusionPro template is assigned to a product in Marcom so the rule you gave me certainly is applied. You got me half way there. I will see what I can figure out from here. Thanks again for all the help. Have a great weekend!