Font Issue + RGB Color Issue

JoeACG

Hi all,

I have two separate issues that I'd like to share with you, in hopes that someone reading this will have experienced something similar and can offer some advice.

Let me preface this by saying that both issues apply to two separate workstations. Both workstations are Macs, on OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite). Both are running Fusion Pro Designer 9.3.6. One workstation is running CS 5.5, the other CS6.

Typeface Issue:

Occasionally we'll encounter a font issue after exporting from InDesign, though we have replicated it when creating a new file inside of Acrobat as well.

We'll, for example, have "ITC ExampleFont Pro - Bold" set as a title line, which in InDesign and the exported PDF display correctly. However, in FusionPro, it refuses to set and preview correctly. It'll usually substitute to an italic version of the font face, even after repeatedly choosing the correct weight.

However, if we choose a different version of the same font, say "LT ExampleFont - Bold", it'll display correctly. This originally made me think it was an issue with the specific font file, but other programs will read them perfectly fine and there were no errors discovered with them. I know Fusion Pro is known to have issues interpreting PostScript fonts, is there a known issue with OpenType fonts?

RGB Color Issue:

We are experiencing an issue, after updating FusionPro, that only occurs after exporting a layout from InDesign. Colors, even the default "Black" swatch, are exported into Fusion with RGB values attached, which results in them being exported as an RGB mix.

This issue only occurs with colors carried over from InDesign, when we create CMYK colors INSIDE of Fusion Pro, they export correctly. We've checked presets and settings in both InDesign and Acrobat/Fusion, on both machines, and are at a loss as to how we should proceed. Rebuilding the colors inside Fusion Pro isn't the end of the world, but it's definitely more timely than importing them directly from InDesign.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Joe Stevens

Ambit Creative Group

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

Regarding your font problem, I experienced the same issue while on the Maverick OS. I just switched to Yosemite so I have not had a chance to find out if this is still an issue for us.

This post about an earlier version of Fusion helped me: http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=3755&highlight=font+issues

I had to edit the ini file that is created when Fusion does a font load. Some of the fonts within particular families have incorrect naming throughout the ini similar to what you describe. There was mention of a patch for this issue, but I'm not sure if it has happened.

Regarding color, are the swatches originally Pantones that have been converted? Or only CMYK values that were created in Indesign? InDesign CC handles Pantone conversions differently then in past versions.

Best of luck and please let me know if support gives you a better answer.

Erica

Spectrum Marketing