FP Collect...

esmith

If I collect files for a Desktop template (on a Mac if it matters) to be used by FP Server, fonts that are used via tagging in rules, but not used by any of the variable frames, do not get collected. The only workaround I have found thus far is to create a bogus, extra page in the template with added type using the tag-only font(s) to force them to be included.

It would be nice if FP recognized all fonts needed via frames or rules and include them in the collect function.

Eric,

We've certainly looked into the parsing of the Rules to determine such things such as the fonts needed for a given job as part of the collect process. This would essentially require us to run all the rules for all the records in job at collect time to determine which fonts are needed given the logic. There were a number of reasons why we haven't decided to implement this in the past with one being the extra time it would take to perform a collect especially on large record-sets.

A quick solution for this is to make a single Formatted Text resource for your template. In this resource, enter some simple text and apply the fonts to it that you would like to have collected with the job. I've done this in the past for jobs where the customer wanted the end user to select from a list of 10 or so fonts to be used for the template.

Does that work for you?

Archived