store data source name

kristina3909

Is there a way to store my original data source name? I would like to use the name of my flat file as a way to find the matching background image. For instance my data source name would be 12345.csv and I would like to use that in a rule to pull the associated background image 12345.pdf.

What do you mean by "original?"

Do you mean the data file specified in the Data Definition (.def) file, as opposed to the actual data file used for composition in FP Server or Producer? (They're the same in Creator/Desktop compositions, although not in Creator Preview compositions.) If so, you can use the FusionPro.inputFileName property to get the input data file name from the Data Definition, and FusionPro.Composition.inputFileName to get the file actually used for composition in a Server or Producer composition. There's also a helper PrimaryInputFile() function which gets the current data file in composition case, and at rule validation time.