Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > The JavaScript Library > Barcodes

Notices

Old July 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: IMpB for Parcels

Damn check box for the tagged texts, think that fixed it!

No to figure out this table thing!

MAC OS 10.13.6 Acrobat DC FP Creator 10.1.11
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmahand View Post
Also, I take a cruder approach to getting the bars and other text around the barcode. I just make separate text boxes for everything and position to keep all of the spacing required between elements. Yes, even the bars are two empty text boxes with black background and the height I need. It's not elegant, but I know what everything is doing and position precisely. Screenshot is attached.
Yeah, that seems a lot simpler than what I was suggesting. There's often more than one way to skin a cat with template-building. Sometimes it's easy to overlook the simple solution.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Many Many thanks gentlemen, you saved my job for now!!!!

I attached a screenshot!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Test_IMpB_New-Output.pdf (51.1 KB, 33 views)

MAC OS 10.13.6 Acrobat DC FP Creator 10.1.11
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Forum n00b

Default Re: IMpB for Parcels HELP

Gentlemen,

I could not generate the IMPB code correctly. I must misunderstood the procedures. Would you please review my steps and advise me?

1) I created a new rule as 'C128L Barcode Rule' with Field (input 34 characters IMPB as the followings, and IDAutomationC128L as font. e.g. input IMPB value = (420)200042908(92)5890951800100000018 or

2) Create a Text Frame with IDAutomationC128L with Font size 23, and "C128L Barcode Rule" as variable.

My project is due in couple weeks. I really need your advice desperately and appreciate any help.

Last edited by NewKid; March 29th, 2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Junior Community Member

I can't tell much from what you have described, but here are a few suggestions...

1) The digits of a combined code when using Zip+4 in routing portion (i.e. after the 420), should be 34 characters (38 once you add 2 sets of parentheses). Your example is 33 characters (37 with parentheses), so it appears there may be a digit missing from your package code.

2) I'm not sure if you used a template for the barcode rule or started with an empty text rule and added JavaScript. If it is an text rule with JS, make sure "Treat returned strings as tagged text" is checked at the top.
FP 10.0.26, Windows 8, Acrobat DC
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Forum n00b

Thank you so much for your help. I will check over my code. Appreicate your help.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Forum n00b

Hi David,
Sorry for not having a detail description earlier. I will try it again.
In FP Desktop 6.2P1A version:

1) Read in the IMPB code = (420)200042908(92)45890951800100000018

2) Create a Rule template as "C128L Barcode Rule" with these parameters:
Field = IMB-NUM (value as in step 1)
Font = IDAutomationC128L

3) Create a Text Frame template:
Font Name = IDAutomationC128L
Font Size = 14 or 16
Variable = C128L Barcode Rule (as step 2)

The barcode looks very different from the client's sample. I hope these information help. Thank you so much.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Junior Community Member

What you describe seems OK for producing the code itself. As for matching customer art, you may have to play around the font (e.g. IDAutomationC128M instead of IDAutomationC128L font or whatever) and try different point sizes. Also, you may have to expand the text box more than you think to truly see the results.

More importantly, you have to make sure what you produce is acceptable to the USPS.

All I can say is that I use IDAutomationC128L set at 21pt in a text box, and happen to use only the Zip (not Zip+4) in the routing portion. That it has been mailable for Priority Mail. I have attached a sample.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Priority Mail Label Test.pdf (37.1 KB, 29 views)
FP 10.0.26, Windows 8, Acrobat DC
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:18 AM
Forum n00b

Thank you so much, David.