How Do I Set Up a QR Code Incorporating Various Fields in the Data?

StacyZ

My company has previously used FusionPro to set up QR Barcodes on mailers that returned just a URL address, which was not a problem.

We now have a situation where our marketing dept wants the QR Code to go to a customer specific page online and also deliver to them analytical results. This forces us to incorporate several fields in the data file and add code that the data team in IT sent to add to our rule.

I have the code that IT sent over (what is supposed to be returned) but I'm unsure how to set it up in the Rule Editor to get it to function correctly in FP.

IT Code:

&pocKeyCode=[KEYCODE]&pocSource=list&referNum=[PCTNUMBER]&utm_source=mailing&utm_medium=prospect&utm_campaign=[POC"]https://www.orderpens.com/mypens.jsp?aNum=[CUSTNUMBER]&pocKeyCode=[KEYCODE]&pocSource=list&referNum=[PCTNUMBER]&utm_source=mailing&utm_medium=prospect&utm_campaign=[POC CODE]&utm_content=[MAIL NUMBER]&utm_term=QR&QR=Y

The bracketed text is variable information from the data.

Thank you

My company has previously used FusionPro to set up QR Barcodes on mailers that returned just a URL address, which was not a problem.

We now have a situation where our marketing dept wants the QR Code to go to a customer specific page online and also deliver to them analytical results. This forces us to incorporate several fields in the data file and add code that the data team in IT sent to add to our rule.

I have the code that IT sent over (what is supposed to be returned) but I'm unsure how to set it up in the Rule Editor to get it to function correctly in FP.

IT Code:

&pocKeyCode=[KEYCODE]&pocSource=list&referNum=[PCTNUMBER]&utm_source=mailing&utm_medium=prospect&utm_campaign=[POC"]https://www.orderpens.com/mypens.jsp?aNum=[CUSTNUMBER]&pocKeyCode=[KEYCODE]&pocSource=list&referNum=[PCTNUMBER]&utm_source=mailing&utm_medium=prospect&utm_campaign=[POC CODE]&utm_content=[MAIL NUMBER]&utm_term=QR&QR=Y

The bracketed text is variable information from the data.

Thank you

Something like this:

var data = "https://www.orderpens.com/mypens.jsp?aNum=" + Field("CUSTNUMBER") +
   "&pocKeyCode=" + Field("KEYCODE") +
   "&pocSource=list&referNum=" + Field("PCTNUMBER") + 
   "&utm_source=mailing&utm_medium=prospect&utm_campaign=" + Field("POC CODE") + 
   "&utm_content=" + Field("MAIL NUMBER") + "&utm_term=QR&QR=Y";

return MakeQRBarcode(data);
// or:
return MakeQRBarcodeGraphic(data);

I'm not sure that template will work for this. I've altered every variable to match and created a list of rules to have the URL info come in as well. It placed a QR Code that went nowhere. The scan read "Metadata"

You would have to post the job in order for anyone to be able to analyze the barcode.

Edited by Dan Korn