Barcode 128 modulo 103 check digit

rbjformula.dk

Hello

I have a problem with 128 barcodes, i have all the numbers I need for the barcodes, but is missing the check digit. Can fusion pro make this check digit or do I need to have it in my data file ?

If i need to have it in the data file is there a way to calculate it ?

I hope someone ca help me :)

René

i have used the "128 Barcode Rule", but it dosen't give me any check digit i also need it to be as human readable. if I put in 234146900158087 then the check digit should be 0, so the full barcode will be 2341469001580870.

But i can get this with the "128 Barcode Rule", what are i'm doing wong ??

René

i have used the "128 Barcode Rule", but it dosen't give me any check digit

Yes, it does. The check digit is encoded into the barcode. If it wasn't, the barcode would not scan.

i also need it to be as human readable.

Why do you need the check digit to be part of the human readable barcode? The human readable part is just that; the actual encoded data, for a human to read. The check digit is, as its name suggests, a checksum, to ensure the validity of the encoding and decoding for the scanning operation. It's not part of the actual data.

This is explained further on the IDAutomation web site:

https://www.idautomation.com/kb/c128-chkdgt.html

Also, what "human readable part" do you mean? If you use the "128 Barcode Rule", and select one of the fonts installed with FusionPro, with a name starting with "IDAutomationC128", you'll only get the actual bars, with no human readable digits. If you want human readable text as well, you can just typeset it separately underneath the barcode.

if I put in 234146900158087 then the check digit should be 0, so the full barcode will be 2341469001580870.

Again, no, it really shouldn't. The scanned barcode should yield exactly the input data. The check digit is just an implementation detail of the encoding algorithm.

In fact, in FusionPro, if I use your example data "234146900158087" in the "128 Barcode Rule", compose, and scan the resulting barcode, the result reported by the scanning software is the same as the input data, without any extra check digit, which is correct.

But i can get this with the "128 Barcode Rule", what are i'm doing wong ??

You're misunderstanding how the 128 barcode works.

Where are your requirements that specify a need for a human readable component of the barcode coming from?